Wyoming Whites

Discussion in 'General Reef Topics' started by CBSurfrider, Dec 16, 2013.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. CBSurfrider

CBSurfrider Millepora

Anyone have any experience with these clowns in their tanks? Are they hearty? etc etc.. I'm pretty sure my Gf is buying me a mated pair along with a RBTA that is in the tank with them for Christmas. & don't worry I am getting rid of my three Chromis & PJ's to make room ;) I really don't want to get rid of my Pj's though. These clowns are pricey so I hope someone out there has any advice on these. Gracias!

2. Click Here!

3. Corailline

Corailline Super Moderator

Wyoming Whites, well congratulations. Because they are so expensive I can see where you might want to take extra precautions, but they're just like any other clown just a lot more expensive hybrid.

The best thing you can do is QT them and remove any other damsels or other fish that are aggressive in your display.

Mated pair means that they have spawned as a pair in the past which should put them at least over age two, which is good.

They might not take to an anemone if they have never been hosted before, but only time will tell. If she is getting an anemone that is already hosting the clowns so much the better, if not let the clowns find the anemone on their own.

1 person likes this.
  4. CBSurfrider

CBSurfrider Millepora

Thanks Corailline, it's nerve racking with the price. I worked a deal with my LFS for the two WW and the RBTA for $200. I still couldn't pull the trigger, but while I was looking at other corals my Gf snagged a business card and called back later and said to hold them. LFS contacted me on facebook making sure I was ready for them. That's a two thumbs up for my LFS to make sure I could house them in my tank in my opinion. Any other LFS by me would have sold them to her no questions asked and could have cared less.

edit: NO other LFS near me has WW's to sell anyway!

5. oldfishkeeper

oldfishkeeper Giant Squid

that is an excellent deal CBS! I love Wyoming whites!

6. Va Reef

Va Reef Giant Squid

Yeah as corailline said, they're just fancy clowns. If it helps, you can imagine the orange and black on their bodies to easy the tension of introducing them. lol

Definitely QT, I would also find out if the LFS has any livestock garuntees etc in case something does go wrong.

Gratz on the purchase, I don't see myself dropping that much on a fish any time soon ;), let alone for someone else LOL

7. 1.0reef

1.0reef Giant Squid

This 100%, except they are pure Occy. ;)

8. Click Here!

9. Corailline

Corailline Super Moderator

You're right strain would have been a better choice.

Last edited: Dec 16, 2013
  10. Gresham

Gresham Great Blue Whale

Not all the time, in fact, breeding pair is typically used for a pair that has bred, or is breeding... where as mated pair just means they are paired up. All paired up fish from the wild are called mated pairs, yet I suspect no one ever saw them have a brood :D

11. Gresham

Gresham Great Blue Whale

or morph... morph tends to mbe what people use in the aquaria trade.

12. 1.0reef

1.0reef Giant Squid

Both works, IMO in this case both used as a combo, cause the Fancy White was a morph of an Occy, then ones with more white were bred as a strain, with pure ocies too, creating a strain, I think lol I'm making my own head spin :eek: