WW2 Junkies

Discussion in 'The Bucket' started by jay02483, Mar 7, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. jay02483

jay02483 Bristle Worm

So anyone here excited for the new mini series "The Pacific"...i am a huge ww2 buff and i cannot wait to see how they did this...i hope its as good as band of brothers!

2. Click Here!

3. drew3

drew3 Blue Ringed Angel

ya that looks like a great series i loved BoB very moving.

4. slocal

slocal Doot!

I missed the whole Band of Brothers thing. I'm more in to documentories about the USAAF since I love the bombers and fighters, but this one looks like something I'll enjoy. My fingers are crossed for sure.

5. Craft kid21

Craft kid21 Banned

YEAH i cant wait for it!!!

6. jay02483

jay02483 Bristle Worm

oh my u should definitely invest in the dvd or blu-ray of band of brothers it is amazing. Yeah im in the navy so im kind of interested because of how close the marines+navy work (marines r part of the DoN) So i wanna see if they interact any of the main marines with sailors..

7. jonjonwells

jonjonwells Great Blue Whale

BoB was the best war film I have ever seen. The casting was dead on, and they did a fantastic job of getting the characters correct. The ending of each section was interviews with the original people in the unit.

I am thinking of getting HBO just to watch the new one. If it is half as good, they it will be awesome.

8. Click Here!

9. jay02483

jay02483 Bristle Worm

by the way, the navy has more aircraft then the airforce...and we have wayyyy better pilots

10. slocal

slocal Doot!

Added it to my netflix queue :)

11. slocal

slocal Doot!

The USAAF isn't around anymore ;). I'm more of a European theater junkie anyways. I do agree that carrier landings are tougher, but I can't help what I like.

12. jay02483

jay02483 Bristle Worm

yeah after u watch it youll say...why havent i watched this sooner?!?! its even better the 2nd, 3rd time thru...