wth is wrong with my shrimp?!

Discussion in 'ASAP' started by NanoMano, Nov 26, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. NanoMano

NanoMano Gigas Clam

I will give it a shot but not until I know for sure what the problem is, or how to solve it. as I dont want to throw away any money! lol

2. Click Here!

3. GoinfishN

GoinfishN Plankton

Well, you may just chalk it up to "dying of old age/natural causes."

4. ComputerJohn

ComputerJohn Panda Puffer

I had one for long awhile, it had a bad molt and died. I need to replace mine. Hope yours makes it.

Sent from my Sprint Samsung Epic Touch using Tapatalk.

5. NanoMano

NanoMano Gigas Clam

ok so after rechecking with the voltmeter, with black in the socket and red in the tank I got a slight movement on the needle, I'm not sure what I'm looking at though as I dont know these things lol so I'm posting a picture with a arrow in the general vacinity of where the needle moved to hopefully someone can help me here haha..
    I made a little black line pointing to the area where the needle went.

Attached Files:

6. Astrick117

Astrick117 Stylophora

I'm not too familiar with stray voltage, but I would think that if you had it, it would be 1) higher than the small jump you are seeing and 2) that your other tank inhabitants would also have problems.

When you added the shrimp to the tank, did you/ how did you acclimate it?

Also, did it do anything else other than twitch?

7. NanoMano

NanoMano Gigas Clam

Drip acclimation, you know the normal way. No one else has had problems

8. Click Here!

9. Astrick117

Astrick117 Stylophora

Well, I'm stumped other than just bad luck... I would give it another try. I do not like killing things, but I think you have checked pretty much everything and haven't found anything out of whack, so my guess is you picked the one epileptic (or something) shrimp out of the bunch.

10. SwimsWithFish

SwimsWithFish Giant Squid

+10,000

11. DIY_Man

DIY_Man Plankton

Hey Nano, Don't toss in the towel. I can understand how you feel. There are times were you start to think that there isn't a stop to the expense. But then you take a moment and look at your tank and think about everything that you've learned since you first set it up. LOL! GOD, If I could have known and would have done what I should have in the beginning!!! But now I'm comfortable enough to upgrade my tank size. So far it's been an amazing and beautiful journey!

12. NanoMano

NanoMano Gigas Clam

oh no I'm not throwing in the towel! lol just on shrimp for now! haha I dont want to kill any more, and I cant figure out where the stray voltage is coming from in my tank, its not my circulator pumps or filter, or heater, so All thats left is the lights, but that couldnt be it! I'm stumped so until I figure it out 100% no more shrimps for me! :(