wth is wrong with my shrimp?!

Discussion in 'ASAP' started by NanoMano, Nov 26, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. SwimsWithFish

SwimsWithFish Giant Squid

if that medication had copper in it.... that might just be your problem.

2. Click Here!

3. NanoMano

NanoMano Gigas Clam

it doesn't say there is on the bottle, herbtana is supposed to be 100% reef safe and was recommended by several people, either that or FW dips

4. NanoMano

NanoMano Gigas Clam

so there is a stray current running through the water, I'm not too sure how to read it though lol I just know that when i put the voltmeter in the water the needle points to 2 on the ohms setting

5. Wilson

Wilson Plankton

Ohms is resistance not voltage. Put it on the voltage setting

6. NanoMano

NanoMano Gigas Clam

ok nothing on voltage

7. malac0da13

malac0da13 Torch Coral

Are you putting the black in the ground hole of an outlet and red in tank?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

8. Click Here!

9. vawdka

vawdka Coral Banded Shrimp

Maybe he had molting issues we just couldn't see. Or, it could have been having seizures. Not sure to what extent, if any, that is possible but that is what it sounded like to your description.

10. NanoMano

NanoMano Gigas Clam

Yeah possibly.. I just dont know why, I dont have a copper test kit, cause I never was told that I needed one til i had this problem. money money money. I tested for voltage, and there is nothing so thats a write off.. I dont get it.

11. NanoMano

NanoMano Gigas Clam

umm nope lol I'll try that too

12. Astrick117

Astrick117 Stylophora

You said it! there is always more stuff to buy. I had a peppermint that just died one day after he molted a few days before. I have no idea what happened, but he didnt last long. On the other hand, I still have my cleaner shrimp that has been alive since I got the tank and the person before me said he had him for quite a while before that.

Personally, I think the cleaners are hardier and also more active/ interesting. I love the long white antennae that they have. Mine goes nuts when I put food in the tank and will leap off the rock to grab flakes, then swim back to it.

If I were you, I would give it another shot with cleaner. I find it tough to determine the health of shrimp before buying them