Resolved WTH is this?!

Discussion in 'ID This!' started by Shackman23, Oct 25, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Shackman23

Shackman23 Teardrop Maxima Clam

I noticed today on my blue hawkins that i have a case of red bugs, so, i pulled out all my corals and dipped them to rid of pests, now i know they wont completely die, but i was just hoping to get an id on a featherlike creature, it came off of my purple digita that has been doing pretty good, but have been noticing it starting to die, looked similar to bleaching and these guys, about 15 of them came off of that coral! hopefully you can help, the pic is pretty bad but they are pretty small black creatures!!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 25, 2011
  2. Click Here!

3. 2in10

2in10 Super Moderator

Hard to tell but I am thinking nudibranchs. Good they have come off. They most likely were feeding on your coral.

1 person likes this.
  4. Shackman23

Thats what i was noticing i saw a pretty rapid degeneration on my purple digita, and was waiting on the coral RX i ordered

5. clarkkey594

clarkkey594 Aiptasia Anemone

They look like nudibranches to me. I just pulled some zoa eating ones off one of my zoa colonies last night after I decided to dip since they had not been opening up for the past few days.

1 person likes this.
  6. Shackman23

Where yours black like mine? maybe you could post a better picture? ive looked throught 264 pictures, and couldnt find one that was black, i did however find one that looked identical but different color
    http://www.nudipixel.net/photo/00028607/
    is the link

7. Shackman23

Well after some pretty decent research ive decided i know what it is, turns out i had some montipora eating nubibranches i will be following a guidline i found on how to rid of them, and hope for success! this is my first confrontation with these little buggers and i hope to come out on top!! i will be starting a new thread on the progress of my corals and the steps i will be taking to clear them out!! Thanks for everyones replies and help!