wtb motercycle

Discussion in 'The Bucket' started by loneracer05, Jun 6, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. loneracer05

loneracer05 Clown Trigger

looking to buy a bike the bigger the better. what does every1 have

2. Click Here!

3. amcarrig

amcarrig Super Moderator

Moved to The Bucket.

4. loneracer05

a crotch rocket to be specific

5. CrazyA

CrazyA Feather Duster

I've got an '04 R-1. Its plenty of bike for me. Used to ride from central oregon to Monterey every year for MotoGP until it swapped U.S. locations to Indianapolis.

6. TheFishMan

TheFishMan Flamingo Tongue

Been riding my new (well for me) Sportster for a couple of months now, I really like it!
    2000 Harley Davidson Sportster 883
    Got it with 1827 Miles, Now has 2620 miles.

Thats mine in the front
    [​IMG]

Thats me on the far right
    [​IMG]

7. horkn

horkn Giant Squid

They have the MotoGP race still at Laguna Seca. They simply added the indy race to the schedule.

Loneracer, you should get used to calling them sport bikes, and not crotch rocket. That is an out dated and offensive term for a sport bike.

That said, what are you really looking for? I can send a few links of bikes for sale locally that might interest you.

I've got an original 1997 Widow maker suzuki TL1000s v twin sport bike. And no it's not for sale:)

8. Click Here!

9. Peredhil

Peredhil Giant Squid

Not this again. I'm sure you noticed crotch rocket riders responded before you without being offended?

I've asked around my bike club (which has every kind of bike imaginable) and nobody agreed with your take. It is no more offensive than 'cruiser' was the consensus in that group anyway. It's just you dude. (well, probably not literally :p).

If it's so outdated, why is it you have to keep pointing out it's outdated? Seems still in use to me.

I think you're just choosing to see it as offensive. I can see it being offensive in certain contexts, but not this one. Like, when my mom calls them crotch rockets, she means it in the same sense as organ donor and that is offensive - a kind of backwards euphemism (is there a word for that?), though I'm not so thin skinned to care.

I think I'll just keep on calling them what I always have and I'll start being offended when folks call my bike a cruiser - as I don't have a cruise control on it at all.

10. loneracer05

i said crotch rocket because i said sport bike in another forum and i had people offering me sportsters so just wanted to clear it up.

as for exaclty what i want, really really fast lol.put it this was i had a 7 second supra that wasnt a fast enough car.i now have an 8 second lancer evolution that isnt fast enough and ill be selling it to have another go around hpefully a car into the 6s. jus so you get an idea. i dont know that they make a fast enough bike. i was looking on ebay at turbo hayabusa that clam 7 second bikes, and i was hoping to get faster then that.mabe i could buid the motor and turbo it and run alcohol and be able to get into the 6s? not to sure ive never worked on bikes to know exactly what they can handle/do. ive done cars my hole life. i have riden a bunch of times on my friends gsx 750 and that is by far not enough.

11. Peredhil

Peredhil Giant Squid

Have you ever had a bike before? Going from a 750 to the fastest bike out there is a huge jump in skill required...

Not saying you don't have it, just asking so I feel comfortable making suggestions.

12. horkn

horkn Giant Squid

P, it isn't just me.

Eventually the few people that call it that outdated term will stop and start calling them what they really are.

I went to the AMA races this weekend at Road America, and even the harley guys called them sport bikes.

Some locales will call things certain names, maybe that is why it's a commonly used term near you?

What year gsxr750?

Going to an even stock busa is a huge step up in straight line acceleration from even a modern gsxr750.