wow some people

Discussion in 'The Bucket' started by ghut300zx, May 1, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ghut300zx

ghut300zx Skunk Shrimp

can we start a section for a democratic way of solving problems on here? like a poll system?

2. Click Here!

3. BlueWaters10

BlueWaters10 Skunk Shrimp

You have seen how people act when you have a 1 inch tang in 200 gallon tank. Just imagine what politics would do!

4. Seano Hermano

Seano Hermano Giant Squid

War, terrorism, etc..is all politics, which you agreed not to talk about when you signed up for 3reef.

This includes all of 3reef Forum, not just the fish section. :)

- Don't even start. Lol.

5. starfish2217

starfish2217 Horrid Stonefish

haha yea politics cause huge fudes... this is true, plus I wanna talk about reefing on the site!! BUT it is america so you can have your view niccccck

6. Seano Hermano

Seano Hermano Giant Squid

Please start your own political forum on a new domain. :)

1 person likes this.
  7. reefmonkey

reefmonkey Giant Squid

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  8. Click Here!

9. alpha_03

alpha_03 Bubble Tip Anemone

Heh, what is political? It is the news of the day- if it were reef driven from down under because of Japan's present troubles- would it then also be political? Indeed it would be, but yet I see the tree huger types allow this type of diatribe in some places- yet nothing else- why? because they dont want conflict- and for good reason- this is a family based, aquatic web site, and in all honesty, I too have to remind myself of this sometimes.

Your point is taken, it has it's merits, BUT, this is the wrong place for it- this is what Steve is saying- nothing more - nothing less.

PM him and ask his opinion on the matter, I am sure he would speak in private about it- but in open fourm- not gonna happen, and for good reason.

BTW, we need not be so close minded about politics either, keep it sane and simple- let the mods do their job, but we need not be the aquatic fourm that sensors American victories either- this is, after all, big news.

Last edited: May 1, 2011
  10. steve wright

steve wright Super Moderator

This is a privately owned site
    and as such the wishes of the site owner are the most important issue here

the site owner does not want
    references to the president being shot which was on a supposed non political thread?
    references to class A drugs
    and any number of other things that my team mates and I have to periodically tidy up

and then when we do that

some one decides " its America and we have free speach"

the threads have been closed
    they have been closed for a reason
    I have explained my reasons

if that explanation is not good enough for you
    suggest you contact the site owner and inform him that your unhappy with the way the situation has been handled

Steve

11. Jason McKenzie

Jason McKenzie Super Moderator

What you don't understand is that this isn't a public forum, But actually is a privately owned and operated website. The owner Matt Rogers has given 7 other people rights to help keep the peace and to ensure Matt's vision of what 3Reef remains within the guidelines that Matt has outlined. You will also find that not all MODs are from the US.

J

12. Jason McKenzie

Jason McKenzie Super Moderator

And by the way. the Thread was not closed because of the Binladin's death, but your comments regarding the death of your president

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.