WOW.. Lexus LF-A

Discussion in 'The Bucket' started by ReefDaily, Nov 4, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Lunchbox

Lunchbox Spanish Shawl Nudibranch

I found some info on the Lexus LFA website if anyone is interested in ordering one of these cars

Beginning October 21st, 2009 Lexus will begin accepting purchase applications for the LFA through authorized Lexus distributors worldwide. Official production commences December 2010 at the LFA Works facility within the Motomachi Mfg. Plant in Toyota City, Japan. Only 20 hand built LFA supercars will be produced each month for 25 consecutive months for a maximum of 500 LFA vehicles being made available for worldwide retail sale. Currently Lexus is targeting to offer the base LFA at around $350,000 USD.

OP and I already have ours on order you better hurry before supplies run out.

2. Click Here!

3. UltimateWarrior

UltimateWarrior Spaghetti Worm

I wasn't aware you guys didn't know.

These are going into limited production. Lexus is only planning on making 500 of them worldwide. They will be from $350,000 to $400,000 (aka 25 new corollas). They house a v-10 that provides the car with a 0-60 time of 3.7 seconds. This is all according to the latest "Automobile" magazine.

That being said, I would rather own a fleet of Mazda Miatas, Lotus Exiges, and a driving school for that price.

Damn you beating me to it lunchbox! I had to go get my magazine for the specs.

4. infamous

infamous Corkscrew Tentacle Anemone

3.7 daaaaam thats crazy but i'll pass. i can get a brand new Audi R8 for 130,000

[​IMG]

5. Dingo

Dingo Giant Squid

yea!!! R8 is AMAZING!

6. UltimateWarrior

UltimateWarrior Spaghetti Worm

Actually, the R8 isn't that great.
    I once had a boss that was really into track racing. He did 24 hours of LeMans, drove F1 cars, and taught track driving classes on the weekends. When he drove the R8 he said he wasn't that impressed. He even said that the 12:1 compression ratio should feel a lot better. Bottom line was that the Audi is a luxury sports car, not a super awesome track car. I wasn't happy about the news because I had been watching the R8 all through its testing and production, and I was pretty stoked about the car in general. Bummer really.

7. oceanparadise1

oceanparadise1 Fire Squid

those cars are about 15 tiers down from this car lol totally different cars your comparing!

m3s and 911 tubros i see all the time....now this car....WOW

8. Click Here!

9. the fisherman

the fisherman Vlamingii Tang

10. NaClCrocodile

NaClCrocodile Skunk Shrimp

You're right, they are in a dfferent tier, but now that the price is out, I can say I'd rather have two 911 GT2s lol. Or a Lambo, Ferrari, Mercedes Mclaren and my choice of BMW (the Ultimate Driving Machine btw lol). know that the head turning factor is prefft high on it, but I have no doubt I'd get just as many with a lambo.

Oh, and you may see them pretty often, but here in Gainesville, a 911 Turbo is something to stare at for a few seconds. I do see too many E92 M3's around here. I'm a fan of the E46 M3 though.

11. Iraf

Iraf Snowflake Eel

there is a couple of things wrong with this car, #1 it says lexus instead of toyota and it says LFA instead of Supra, plus for the cost you can pickup an SSC Ultimate Aero that does 250+ mph and is 100% made in the US

12. supratt

supratt Fire Shrimp

trust me i do my research when it comes to cars and this beast is competing with the 2009 nissan GTR and the audi R8 range. and im exremely pissed that the new supra (LF-A) is so expensive, it looks more like the '98 supra than the new one toyota's coming out with in 2011. check it out its the toyota ft-hs.