WOW...killer price on rose bta's!!!!

Discussion in 'Inverts' started by OoNickoC, Dec 4, 2004.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. OoNickoC

OoNickoC Bubble Tip Anemone

I wont say where here (email or pm me) but i bought this guy ,about 6-8 inches, for THIRTY DOLLARS.....i know theyve been going down in price but wow, thats right at or below what most stores pay. Heres some pics of it. he has since moved further back so some of him is on the top and some on the back of the rock. There were some bigger ones for $8 more! heres some horrible pics that dont show the colors at all. Theier are really nice strations on the bulbs, nice purple dots on the center of most of the tips, a picture perfect specimen. i cant believe how cheap they were. I am getting a better camera.

Attached Files:

2. Click Here!

3. Craig Manoukian

Craig Manoukian Giant Squid

Wow $30 is half what my LFS is asking for some really nice specimens!

4. OoNickoC

well i work @ a LFS and would pay more for this specimen before markup! Im juiced...this guy just planted himself right smack top and left center in full view on a flat piece of rock that i can move! good stuff....my first rose BTA (the price frustrated me before as Ive seen how much some distributors pay for em....bout the same as reg. bta's) and.....k enoguh gloating.... ;D

5. mushroom_man

mushroom_man Bubble Tip Anemone

miami,right near da beach BOYE!, FL,Florida
    thats great!!! half the lfs in miami are charging 35-55 tepending on size.

6. Bruce

Bruce Giant Squid

any updates or pics???!

7. Gresham

Gresham Great Blue Whale

Theres a bunch of juiced up (r)bta's coming from Singapore currently, hope you didn't get one of those. I spoke with another wholesaler whom was sent a BUNCH of those. Apperantly, they take to dye quite well, and live fairly long as such. Dying and messing with anemonies is a old trade secret. In PI they've found a little copper will turn most carpets blue ;) , a bit of bleach will turn drab sebeas into brilliant yellow with blue or pink tips (there are those color morphs though, so to tell that one is pretty hard), and so on.

8. Click Here!

9. OoNickoC

Well, I havent the sightest. Only time will tell as it grows. I have yet to travel to our dist.'s collectors but will eventually, until then i have to take thier word....I would assume the dye would affect the colors of the base as well as the inards? I will watch closley next time it eats for a peak inside. ANything to look for to give away being dye?

10. Gresham

Gresham Great Blue Whale

No, you really can't tell they are died, thats the problem. The guy I spoke to, owns one of 104th st's largest wholesalers. Plus, he knows the field ;)

11. Craig Manoukian

Craig Manoukian Giant Squid

How are they dyed?  What method(s) are avialable?  Yuck!

12. Gresham

Gresham Great Blue Whale

Not sure I wanna spill the beans on that one, the less who know, the less who will/can do it. I appaulled they are doing it, and I'd hate to see others jump on the bandwagon. Like I said, it appears they can live for quite some time dyed, so many could get taken by this scam. I'm just stearing clear of store bought right now, there's plenty of clones running around amongst hobbyists. My club has several guys cloning/splitting their RBTA and BTA's.