Wow - histiophryne psychedelica, new frog fish "discovered"

Discussion in 'The Bucket' started by greysoul, May 22, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Renee@LionfishLair

Renee@LionfishLair 3reef Sponsor

I wouldn't go with a frog for that size tank. You'll be limited HUGELY by the tankmates you can put in there. It becomes a real pain. You end up will all this empty tank with a non moving frogfish in the corner.I moved mine to a smaller single specimen tank and called it a day.

I think you should put some scorpionfish in a 125. That would be AWESOME!

2. Click Here!

3. Gexx

Gexx Giant Squid

for a 125 if youre wanting an ambush predator a dwarf lion would be better. or if you have LOADS of cash a weedy scorpionfish pair would be down right amazing.

yea i had the sargassum, he got impaled by a feeder stick though... so he didnt make it long. i felt horrible. i even got the awesome thing on frozen foods. ugh, i will try again someday though. i LOVE ambush predators.

4. Renee@LionfishLair

Renee@LionfishLair 3reef Sponsor

That's SO funny... in a very not funny kind of way. I use to feed with sticks, like kaboob sticks and what not. One time my angler bit above the food item and clamped onto the stick. He would not let go and proceeded to do the "dog head shake" while still clamped and damaged his mouth. I almost lost him to that. He did go off frozen food at that time and took months to go back on.

I no longer use such feeding sticks.

I have a 100g stocked with a couple of Rhinos and a Volitans. Joining them at a later date will be another scorp called a Braziliensis. We bought an inimicus to go in there but I don't think he's going to grow large enough.... we'll have to see.