Wow...Have to wait again!!!!!

Discussion in 'Filters, Pumps, etc..' started by Robman, Feb 5, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Robman

Robman Great White Shark

Well I have been on the fence about ordering a Reef Fanatic PH monitor. The reviews are pretty good, and I like the LED constant read-out. It will match by JBJ heater controller and chiller displays.
    Reef Fanatic pH Monitor
    Well i finally pulled the trigger and ordered it. Waited a week for delivery. It shows up at 8:00 pm from UPS, on the right day. I open it up, and it is missing the calibration fluid.....DAMN!!!!!!!! I called Marine Depot, and they were very nice, and helpful as usual. He checked the other ones in the warehouse, and they were also missing the fluid. He went to their website, and they no longer show the fluid in the pic. However, the PDF file of the instructions still says included. Well Marine Depot is sending me the fluid at their expense. Pretty cool of them. They are not always the cheapest, but they have great customer service IMO. SUCKS I HAVE TO WAIT ANOTHER WEEK THOUGH!!!!! It sure looks pretty on the kitchen table though!!:)

2. Click Here!

3. steve wright

steve wright Super Moderator

thats a pain Robman
    I bet you where mad keen to calibrate it today and be watching it AM tomorrow
    to see where your PH was at overnight

still they are great devices , so much more convenient than test kits (aquastar PH probe user) mine has 2 calibration fluids with it PH 4 and PH7

Hopefully this time next week , it will be set up and working out for you

Steve

4. Robman

Robman Great White Shark

Thanks Steve!! I am looking forward to live PH readings. Test kits are ok but sometimes questionable. This one comes with PH7 and PH10. You can request 4 respectively. I never can tell exactly what the reading is on test kit. If I move under flourescent light (in kitchen) it is different color than in incondescent light.

5. Screwtape

Screwtape Tonozukai Fairy Wrasse

Sorry to hear about the mixup, I've been through my share of online vendor issues recently as well.

Have you looked at the cost for low end controllers? You'll probably end up with it being a little more expensive but they can do so much more than just monitor pH. Maybe I'm missing something on this monitor though.

6. Robman

Robman Great White Shark

Hahahaha...there is alot of people on here that have suggested a controller. I have taken that into consideration. I like things modular. If the controller goes out, I lose everything. If one of the other componants go out. I just have to replace the one item. Dont get me wrong, I think they are the coolest thing. I like toys too. But I also dont want TOTAL automation. This is my hobby, and I like to stay somewhat involved. (Keeps me out of trouble!!);D