Would this work?

Discussion in 'Filters, Pumps, etc..' started by Camkha1234, Oct 19, 2012.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Camkha1234

Camkha1234 Great Blue Whale

I've heard good reviews from this company. I was looking at the first $100 set. Do you think it would be worth it?

PureWaterClub.com

2. Click Here!

3. budsbunny

budsbunny Bristle Worm

personally i'd spend $12 more and get 3 times the gallons per day ....but that's just me :)

4. Camkha1234

I might do that ;) But is it a good company?

I may also need instructions on setting it up :)

5. elwolfe

elwolfe Coral Banded Shrimp

6. Camkha1234

The only problem that I have with that unit is that it's used. I'd prefer to have a new unit, but that's just me. That's why I was going to get the PWC unit. Thanks for the idea, though :)

Do you think the PWC unit would be okay, though?

7. AZDesertRat

AZDesertRat Giant Squid

The Spectrapure units are NOT used.
    They sold a massive quantity to a vendor wheo then went out of business so they got them back. They replace the filters with brand new but since the units were previously sold they cannot be sold as new. Do not let the refurb title scare you, they are new in every respect.

Purewaterclub is the typical low end ebay vendor and their quality is mediocre at best. Their units are intended for drinking water and not a reef system sop the filters, membranes and DI are not the same quality. You would spend much more in teh end upgrading that unit to be reef quality than if you had bought the correct system to begin with. Years ago I went down the same road with a Watts Premier system from Costco, I had a mint invested before I was done, much more even than Spectrapures $269 sale price on the best RO/DI on the planet, the MaxCap which I eventually replaced it with. At the time the MaxCap listed for $389 and I still was money ahead.

8. Click Here!

9. Camkha1234

Oh, thanks for clearing that up :)

I'll look into it ;)

10. Moxtrain

Moxtrain Peppermint Shrimp

I have one of the spectrapure 90gpd refurbs and I couldn't be happier with it. There was nothing about my unit that would tell you it had been refurbished. I'd buy it again in an instant.

11. norg.

norg. Kole Tang

Do not buy the purewaterclub unit. I bought one and I really wish I wouldnt have. Then I upgraded to the spectrapure unit and added another prefilter stage and another DI stage. The DI on this unit are not replaceable and the fact that they are horizontally oriented means that after time they turn into garbage. Go for spectrapure buddy.

12. Camkha1234

Got it ;)

Which Spectrapure unit do you have now?