Would this led setup do it all?

Discussion in 'LED Aquarium Lighting' started by macabe, Jan 1, 2012.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. macabe

macabe Purple Spiny Lobster

its a 95 watt system and god its nice i just want to now if this will grow sps clams and anything without a problem it would go on a 20 gallon tall nano

2. Click Here!

3. NanoMano

NanoMano Gigas Clam

Sure would, I was going to do this exact set up on my 40 cube, but went AI sol instead, but the panorama offers awesome color customization. If you've got the $Benjamins$ do it

4. NanoMano

NanoMano Gigas Clam

In fact on a 20, you could probably just buy 2-3 panorama PRO modules Strips, and save $200

5. sticksmith23

sticksmith23 Giant Squid

I agree lol with both posts.

6. Darrell D

Darrell D Plankton

These lights are SICK! I am looking to get some of these for my tanks too. The new RGB models are pretty sweet. You have to buy a controller, but you can change the colors with them. really cool. Plus you can control cloud cover and dim them too. i would look into it.

7. nc208082

nc208082 Zoanthid

These lights when they first came out, had a lot of problems and complaints with them. Research Panorama first modules. Alot of people who said they would not buy this product again.

8. Click Here!

9. FaceOfDeceit

FaceOfDeceit Hockey Beard

There are many LED fixtures that will give you better coverage and PAR for your money. Ecoxotic is behind in LED Tech, but still charges a premium for their products.

10. chelseagrin

chelseagrin Fire Goby

this was the classic panorama fixture, they have an updated panorama pro fixture and panorama pro modules that have almost twice the amount of output. they have amazing colors and i believe they are one of the best led fixtures out there. i also agree that you could probably do 2-3 panorama pro fixtures and have about 40 watts over that thing, so save money space and still grow anything you want. i kind of think that one fixture would fry the corals if you put it in the tank.

11. chelseagrin

chelseagrin Fire Goby

i dont think there is a better fixture for such a small tank, sure for a 125 gallon tank a panorama fixture wouldnt be the most economical way to go but on a tank this size it sure as heck is IMO.

12. chelseagrin

chelseagrin Fire Goby

or of course you could always do the ecoxotic par38 and do a few of those.