Would this be to low for a xenia

Discussion in 'ASAP' started by Craft kid21, Feb 16, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Craft kid21

Craft kid21 Banned

ok well i had it at 11.5 actully was the more accurate test. did a water change and its down to 3.5 so im happy, my xenia are doing great also now. they are pulsing stronger and faster. and now im adding reef plus to

2. Click Here!

3. whiptofiz

whiptofiz Fire Worm

Xenia is quite invincable i dont think you need to worry about your PH being where it is. But for many other corals that is quite low. Like billyboy said you should raise it to around 8.3 but dont just jump it up there do it over a few days. I had a problem with high dKH and lowered it by changing my water source. What are you using for water?

4. billyboy2

billyboy2 Coral Banded Shrimp

i don't understand...you have a dKH of 3.5??? you should be aiming from 7-12 and idealy the upper range of that 7-12

5. drew3

drew3 Blue Ringed Angel

ahhh grey souls avatar MY EYES BURN!!! that was on Tosh.O that i saw today most people have fish but noooooo u have a lady with saggy back fat

6. Craft kid21

Craft kid21 Banned

HAHAH.. ok well my AlK is in a difffernt messurement then what ur guys are thinking. My alkilinty is fine now lol

7. Nightstick

Nightstick Purple Spiny Lobster

I have been trying to get rid of my xenia for months but the keep growing back. I now have a hybrid pulsating/silver tip xenia patch!

8. Click Here!

9. missionsix

missionsix Super Moderator Staff Member

3.5 mEq/l is millieqivalents per liter measurement that equates to 9-10 dKH and about 177 ppm for a real crappy measurement that doesn't really apply to saltwater.

10. Craft kid21

Craft kid21 Banned

yeah thanks dude! yeah soo i think my alk is ok were it is for now and my xenias are doing good