Would these lights be better than my 4 power compacts

Discussion in 'T5 Aquarium Lighting' started by scenario1313, Jul 28, 2008.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. scenario1313

scenario1313 Tassled File Fish

2. Click Here!

3. GuitarMan89

GuitarMan89 Giant Squid

It's hard to say w/o knowing how many watts and what your tank set up is. T5 have a much higher lumen output than pc, as well as MH. In general, they are an upgrade, but it really depends on your setup and what you want to have under it.

1 person likes this.
  4. lunatik_69

lunatik_69 Giant Squid

1 person likes this.
  5. scenario1313

I want to stay around 150.00 and I have a 75 gallon and I want to keep corals and fish. I may even go up to 200.00 if anyone could recomend something better than the one I saw. I am checking into that site luna and thank you.

6. PharmrJohn

PharmrJohn The Dude

There are two reasons I would not get this. Not because of the lights themselves, but

1.) The seller has a feedback of 4. I don't deal with anyone with less than 75 or so.......and

2.) There is no real picture of the lighting. Only a stock picture.

I am a pretty active eBayer and I don't like it. I wouldn't touch this with a ten foot pole.

1 person likes this.
  7. Tangster

Tangster 3reef Sponsor

I just had a guy today to tell me he had 2 lumen-air reflectors and 2 ballast and 2 14 K Phoenix lights and he would take 150.00 per set HQI M/H Bulbs are less then a month old . He is going to try something else T5's I think he said or maybe LEDS ? But the reflectors are with 150.00 ea

1 person likes this.
  8. Click Here!

9. scenario1313

lol thanks john you are probably right well do you think you can point me in a direction as well on what I should get but remember CANT spend more than 200 but would like to stay around 150.

10. scenario1313

tangster is that like a retro fit for a canopy? I am unfamiliar with all the lights so that's why I am here and asking the pros

11. PharmrJohn

PharmrJohn The Dude

If it's that tight, and you can wait a month, I would put the money where you can't touch it, add some more to the pot and get a gooood set. Lighting is not something you want to do half-right. If you find a screaming deal, great. But otherwise, hold out a bit longer. I will search for you tonight and see what I can come up with. John.

12. scenario1313

You are the man john and I thank you for your help. I'll start stashing some allowance money from the wife. I just didn't want to replace my PC bulbs and waste the money on that when I know I want to upgrade. You know what I mean.