Would all/any of these be ok?

Discussion in 'New To The Hobby' started by JetEngineMech, Jun 5, 2007.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. MDeth

MDeth Feather Star

You have brittle star, just make sure not to get a green one :)

2. Click Here!

3. JetEngineMech

JetEngineMech Feather Duster

They didn't have that available for the cleaning-kit. Although it's on my list of things to get. ;D

4. Bruce

Bruce Giant Squid

Oh, I didnt realize these are choices for a actual kit. I thought you were just purchasing them :)

5. JetEngineMech

Yep it was from LiveAquaria and you can only pick from what they give you to choose from.

6. JetEngineMech

Well, I received my order this morning. The main bag that had all the individual bags in it had water all over it. When I removed the individual bags, the bag with the Queen Conchs did not have water in it, only some moisture on the sides. Also, the Brittle Sea Star had lost two of its arms, which I assume will grow back. Finally, one of the Sally Lightfoot Crabs was missing an arm. I did not see it in the bag so it must have shipped that way. All of the animals seem to be doing OK so far although I have seen little movement from the Queen Conchs. I emailed them what happened and am waiting to see what they say. Its kinda creepy, the two arms that came off the star are still moving! :eek:

7. Black_Raven

Black_Raven Scooter Blennie

Be careful putting any other shrimp with that coral banded shrimp. The CB shrimp are known to be aggressive towards other types of shrimp, even killing them. I had one that kept killing my peppermint shrimp, I finally traded it in for a cleaner shrimp.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 8, 2007
  8. Click Here!

9. JetEngineMech

Yikes! I wish I knew that before. The Brittle Star has since died and there is still no movement from the Queen Conchs. I'm waiting on a reply from LiveAquaria to see what they'll do.

10. amcarrig

amcarrig Super Moderator

They're pretty good at replacing dead critters as long as you call them before the arrive alive guaranty runs out.

11. JetEngineMech

They've already offered me a credit, but since I'm still waiting on some hermit crabs from that order I've asked them just to be replaced and shipped with the crabs.

12. Black_Raven

Black_Raven Scooter Blennie

Give the conchs a couple of days to settle in, they can be tempermental. I had one that didnt move for 3 days when I put it in the tank.