worms?

Discussion in 'Refugium' started by zzzzzzzzpr, Oct 19, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. zzzzzzzzpr

zzzzzzzzpr Purple Spiny Lobster

ive been reading all kinds of posts and sites for fuge setup packages and they come with worms. what kind of worms are they talking about?

2. Click Here!

3. BioFreak

BioFreak Feather Duster

Where are you going, I have yet to see any packages that include a worm or worms?

4. zzzzzzzzpr

live-plants.com fuge package.

5. chasethis1

chasethis1 Astrea Snail

I would imagine that if they are selling the worms then they would be telling you what the worms are. There are several worms that are good for the salt water systems. This is a good informative video that gives a good basic explanation. Spaghetti worms are almost always present. They work the sand and help to move things around.
    I have a lot of different worms worked in and added to my tanks. Anything that will work the sand is a good thing in my mind.

6. chasethis1

chasethis1 Astrea Snail

7. BioFreak

BioFreak Feather Duster

I don't know what type they are. There was a thread a couple weeks back and someone was asking about some tube creating worms that lived in their sand. These were the same type of worms. If you look in the photo of the fuge package, the red tube worms in the sand is what you would be getting. The package is a very good deal though I wouldn't get that. I would just put your own sand in there and buy the macros from them.

8. Click Here!

9. zzzzzzzzpr

ive seen brissle worms in my DT should i take 1 or 2 out and toss it in my fuge? i did look a the vid thats why im asking.

10. zzzzzzzzpr

yea i wasnt planning buying the package cause the fuge is set up minus plants.