worms?

Discussion in 'ID This!' started by erik, Feb 10, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. erik

erik Spaghetti Worm

i was looking for pods on the walls of my tank last night, and i noticed that there were little worms all over the walls of my tank. like EVERYWHERE. i saw way more worms than i did pods. they were about the same size of the pods, so i cant get a picture up, but they were white and stringy and really tiny. any guesses? :confused:

2. Click Here!

3. Clonefarmer

Clonefarmer Millepora

4. erik

erik Spaghetti Worm

neither, really. nothing at all like a spaghetti worm. i used to have a couple bristle worms, but i thought i had gotten rid of them all. bristle worms is more likely but the worms are too small for me to see the bristes

5. Va Reef

Va Reef Giant Squid

could be a form of flatworm, i had some, they didnt really seem to be bad, but they eventually died off on their own. they were like 2-5 mm in length

6. erik

erik Spaghetti Worm

i want to say these are like half a millimeter. they are SO TINY. im lucky i noticed them at all... they are probably harmless, who knows how long they were in there before i noticed. still like to know what they are though...

7. Clonefarmer

Clonefarmer Millepora

8. Click Here!

9. SushiGirl

SushiGirl Barracuda

I have the same thing. They're not pods or any of the standard worms, and aren't flatworms either. They're just a tad longer than copepods and thin. I haven't identified them yet, either. I'm thinking they might be a Phylodocid based on very short description on Chuck's Addiction worm page (scroll down to the POLYCHAETE REPRODUCTION "The Swarmers" section, 1st pic on the left, 2nd row). Of course, I can't get a close enough look even with the magnifying glass to see if it has any of those features LOL.