Resolved Worm id please

Discussion in 'ID This!' started by grinder37, Nov 6, 2012.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. grinder37

grinder37 Whip-Lash Squid

Found on my glass,about an inch/inch and a quarter.Sucked him up with a baster and it free swims in the bowl I put it in and slithers like a flatworm,very fast little dude too.I believe it came out of my new torch coral colony.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 6, 2012
  2. Click Here!

3. Renee@LionfishLair

Renee@LionfishLair 3reef Sponsor

Could it be a nudibranch? But there's also this big ole flatworm, that the second pic resembles, although the first pic seems to have a skirt. I know I have a pic somewhere. I'll go look.

4. grinder37

I wondered that myself,but it's flat,not slug like,it really looks like some kind of huge flatworm except it's tapered and rounded at both ends?

5. grinder37

Also,sorry for the bad shots,but it's not a skirt,just flattened out on the glass,i've also had my torch for four days now and although it looks healthy it still has not extended it polyps so now I have to wonder if this is the cause?

6. Renee@LionfishLair

7. Renee@LionfishLair

Look at the large brown ones.....

Flatworm

1 person likes this.
  8. Click Here!

9. grinder37

woah,never seen one that big before,I assume I should keep on the lookout for more?

10. grinder37

11. Renee@LionfishLair

Crazy things, huh. Once upon a time (sounds like a fairy tale) all rock was freshly harvested rock. The amount of critters on it was CRAZY and I loved every minute of it. Rarely see anything new now-a-days with the recycled, sterilized, and/or dry rock.

12. grinder37

Yeah,never seen a flatworm like it,jeesh,it seems theres some kind of pest for every coral out there,lol.Just hope it was the one,but gonna go get some dip to make sure and kill any eggs it may have laid.I'll mark the thread as resolved and take some immediate action.Thanks again for your help.:)