Wootage

Discussion in 'Fish Tank Brands and Kits' started by Iraf, Apr 14, 2008.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Iraf

Iraf Snowflake Eel

So looking around on a local forum and found a guy that just upgraded to a 210g tank, selling his old rig which I'm picking up tomorrow

75g Oceanic drilled with overflows, has a 25g sump and stand, cost me a whole hundred bucks :)

Only one question, he's offering me the sand for free too but it's been out of water for 2 weeks, would I be better off trashing that sand and getting new?
    Going to have to go buy rock anyway

2. Click Here!

3. aquaboy

aquaboy Panda Puffer

just rinse sand in 50/50 bleach for a day and stir it up while soaking and drain out debris. Then let sit in pure water for day and then bleach again, then water and presto new sand.........NICE DEAL!

4. omard

omard Gnarly Old Codfish

[​IMG]

Good find!

Now lets get that thing set up!....;D

5. reefersRus

reefersRus Spanish Shawl Nudibranch

Man for that price it makes me wish I lived in OK!! LOL
    I agree on keeping the sand. I should provide the ammonia spike to start cycling if you do not rinse it.

6. aquaboy

aquaboy Panda Puffer

So you volunteer to urinate in his tank for him ::)

7. Iraf

Iraf Snowflake Eel

I wont be getting it setup until after this place sells and we get a new house, though the wife and I agree on it goes in my home office and we get a bigger one for the main living area and use the nano as the kid's nightlight, which means it'll probably end up as the super hardy corals and QT tank

Thanks a ton for the advice on the sand, I'll definetly take him up on the offer for it then, LS here costs about 2.50 a lbs so if there is 75-100lbs there then that just paid for the whole setup

If anyone knows a good place to get really cheap base rock let me know, I'm not in a huge rush for it but I would like to start getting some in and tossing it into tubs to get wet atleast