Woot!

Discussion in 'The Bucket' started by Zechenia, Mar 18, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Zechenia

Zechenia Corkscrew Tentacle Anemone

I just need to do a little happy dance and share some of my excitement!:trampolin

First of all, I live a few hundred miles from the coast... and even further from a "tropical coast" so I was expecting to have to order coral online. I wasn't looking forward to not being able to see things first in person or paying the overnight shipping costs.

Well, in an act of dumb luck and awesome timing, the newspaper just had a story on a local coral "farm" starting up in a farming community near town. It's about five minutes from my house. I emailed to get an exact location, and found out that, not only do they do local pickup, they actually give a nice discount on it.

Gah! I am excited now. It's going to be a lot harder not to jump into corals asap!

I figured it wouldnt be fair to our sponsors (and possibly against the rules) to post the site, but I'm so excited I can't contain it! :D

Plus... IT'S FRIDAY!
    :grinthumbs:

2. Click Here!

3. Corailline

Corailline Super Moderator

Very exciting indeed. Having a coral farmer that close would be a dangerous thing for me.

Going to need a bigger tank :)

4. Zechenia

I know! lol. I mean, I can't believe it. My grandmother has a farm up there. Literally like 2 farms away from him. His greenhouses where he keeps his tanks must just be hidden from the road.

5. Corailline

Corailline Super Moderator

What types of corals does he have available?

Probably going to be a good knowledge resource for you.

6. Zechenia

He's got a decent selection it looks like (LPS, SPS, Polyps, Mushrooms, Anemones, ect). Clams as well. I just asked where is was since my goal is to get into a reef eventually. Already starting with some (mostly basic so far) advice!

Also, he was really good in not being a salesman or acting like a LFS as far as basically telling me to take my time and be 100% sure my tank is more than ready for it.