Woot First Nem

Discussion in 'Coral' started by devlzluv, Mar 16, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. devlzluv

devlzluv Ritteri Anemone

Well of course I place him in my tank he attachs then lets go when im not looking now hes on the back side of my tank, question now since hes attached again, should I leave him since hes opening up and doesnt looked stressed. Or do I attempt to get him and place him were I can see him?

2. Click Here!

3. ingtar_shinowa

ingtar_shinowa Giant Squid

i had a condi that always want to be were he couldn't get enough light. I let him hang out there and he slowly died. on the plus side my clown kept bringing him food...

4. reefmonkey

reefmonkey Giant Squid

I'd leave it alone. No matter where you put it, it's gonna move to the spot that it feels comfortable in. ;)

5. Travis45

Travis45 Scooter Blennie

Just let him do his own thing. He should attach to a spot where he is comfortable.

6. devlzluv

devlzluv Ritteri Anemone

ya it just sux hes in the back were i cant see him, but its a rbta and his end are bubbling so i know he likes the water. hopefully when the daylights come on he will venture out some more

7. devlzluv

devlzluv Ritteri Anemone

heres a pic of him in reference to were he is at in my tank, lol i always have dumb inhabitants.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. Click Here!

9. pgoodsell

pgoodsell Horrid Stonefish

Hopefully when the lights come on he'll move to get some more light. You never know with nems though.

10. devlzluv

devlzluv Ritteri Anemone

ya hopefully i really dont wanna have to take my hood off to reach down there and gently detach him. But on the plus he looks liek he is taken to my tank (knocks on wood)

11. SAY

SAY Ocellaris Clown

i agree with the rest of these guys, let him decide. i thought i was lucky when mine chose a spot high up and close to the front glass. he was easy to see and feed. then i replaced one of the bulbs and i guess he didn't like it. next thing i knew, he was close to the botton in the back of the tank. i thought that he would be happy with the extra light so it shows you what i know.

12. devlzluv

devlzluv Ritteri Anemone

Well I went ahead and did a lil aquascaping today since im getting some mexican turbos tomorrow and had to make sure all my rock was completely stable. My nem disappeared over night and found him upside down in the back of the tank with little flow and no light so i just flipped the rock and put him up front in med flow and hes inflated and looking good, I think he likes the spot I picked for him, just want you guys to know I didnt remove him from the rock as to not stress him, heres some pics.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]