Woo Hoo!!!

Discussion in 'Fish Tank Brands and Kits' started by geekdafied, Jun 5, 2008.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. geekdafied

geekdafied 3reef Sponsor

We have a local website for buying and selling etc. I was on there lastnight when I came across a 125g forsale for $450, this is literally all the ad said

"125 gallon Fish Tank, 2 filters, stand, pump, everything needed to start a salt water tank!"

I was talking to one of my buddies and he said to look into it cause ya never know. $450 for a 125g is a decent with stand, so I figured it was worth a look. Plus it was in a doctors office so it had to be pretty decent.

It turns out its a standard 125g 72x24x17 (not RR) with a HUGE overflow box, atleast 20"s wide with a wetdry and a little giant pump. 100lbs or so of liverock, no corals, normal fluorescent lights, 100lbs of sand, couple powerheads, heaters, huge skimmer (unknown brand at the moment. The filters are magnum 350's...

So Im talking to this doctors receptionist cause he wasnt there and thinking to myself there is no way this is $450, liverock alone is worth that. She tells me he was asking $800 for it me the doc and knew nothing about it being $450. She then tells me he will be back in a few hours, so I left and came back later.

to make a long story short... He said he was asking $850 for it, but he would take $450 for all of it minus the 2 magnum filters. So I said SOLD!!! I pick it up next week once I recruit some help to carry it all (its on the 3rd floor of a doctor office complex). Pics to come soon!(so shush luna!)

So yeah, Im finally getting another display tank going!

1 person likes this.
  2. Click Here!

3. lunatik_69

lunatik_69 Giant Squid

Great score Geek, thats a bargain! lol......Im not going to ask for the pics...lol Luna

4. wildreef

wildreef Stylophora

Bout time'.. the "geeker" finaly gettin a nice size tank for him self .. woooot

5. geekdafied

geekdafied 3reef Sponsor

Its not exactly what I wanted but it will work for now, and couldnt pass up the price. I hate the stand, so I need to build one ASAP so I can set it up. Going to kill all the liverock just in case and bake the sand to be safe.

1 person likes this.
  6. Daniel072

Daniel072 Giant Squid

Wow nice score dude

7. omard

omard Gnarly Old Codfish

Good job.

Anxious also to see up and running.

Going to great improvement for you.

Enjoy!

8. Click Here!

9. HORTON16