Wondering what you do with frag plugs

Discussion in 'Coral' started by newguy420, Jan 25, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. newguy420

newguy420 Skunk Shrimp

So when you get a frag, attached to a plug, what do you do with it. I have always left them on the plug and searched for a good place to put it. Seems limiting though. Do people take them off? If it is something you want to spread and grow, is it better to epoxy to a rock directly?

2. Click Here!

3. reefmonkey

reefmonkey Giant Squid

I've always just left softies on the plug but if sps isn't encrusting the plug I pop the frag off. Makes for easier placement and looks better.

4. xmetalfan99

xmetalfan99 Giant Squid

If the sps isnt encrusting i pop it off. If it is, i use putty.

5. Zoanthids21

Zoanthids21 McKoscker’s Flasher Wrasse

I keep mine on for the most part..But i am buying zoas and palys and GSP and stuff with the frag plugs..So they will most likely overgrow them in a short period of time..But as for other corals like some LPS and SPS it will not grow over it, it will just get bigger..So really, if you dont mind the look, it will get covered by coraline algae soon enough anyway and look like a piece of rock if your rock is coraline covered.

6. newguy420

newguy420 Skunk Shrimp

Just noticed I posted in clams and not coral.. Hit the wrong tab. Sorry guys but thanks for your opinions!