With so many to choose from . . . . .

Discussion in 'Filters, Pumps, etc..' started by DMB ROKS, Sep 16, 2007.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. DMB ROKS

DMB ROKS Plankton

Hello all . . . .

I was wondering if anybody out there could recomend a quality UV Sterilizer.
    What are your experiances with the leading (or not so leading) manufacturers, Pros and Cons. . . . That sort of thing.

Thanks

2. Click Here!

3. lunatik_69

lunatik_69 Giant Squid

Im not an expert, but I've told that if you have a reef tank you shouldnt use an uv filter b/c it could kill beneficial bacteria

4. msbdiving

msbdiving Astrea Snail

Though far from an expert. In my two years, I have found that the best defense is a quarantine tank and stable parameters. I would save your money and put it instead to upgrade protein skimmer, refugium/sump. I have been dealing a little with cyano and I refuse to put any antibacterial into my tank to combat it just because of the harm it might do to the beneficial bacteria.

5. Tangster

Tangster 3reef Sponsor

Never found U/V to be worth the time or money, I have always been a fan of ozone . To keep my water crystal clear and with a SPS dominant system its in my opinion a must to help ward off many bacteria that can cause disease to coral and my fish..