Wish me luck

Discussion in 'Filters, Pumps, etc..' started by mirandacollc, Jan 26, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. mirandacollc

mirandacollc Flame Angel

I changed my sump today. I am nervous about it but I think we are going to be ok. I got the new Marinland model 4 and am using one chamber as a refugium and the other as a sump. This thing seems like a cool sump. I also upped my flow to the max. I am running the marineland 5500 pumps so with the 4 ft of hose I have its putting more then 1400 gph. I cant believe the improvement in the water flow. I have been removing the bio balls for a few weeks but placed a small ammount of them in this sump with the intention to remove them. I also dident install the bio wheels that this sump was shipped with. I hope this doesent start a cycle. I can only wait at this time.

2. Click Here!

3. LCP136

LCP136 Sailfin Tang

Good Luck!!!! Sounds like a good setup. How many gallons does this thing hold? And by the way, don't be nervous. It'll turn out okay

4. baugherb

baugherb Giant Squid

Hope all works out.. I have my fingers and toes crossed for ya... LOL...

5. mirandacollc

mirandacollc Flame Angel

They said something like 29 or just over 30 gallons. Its a beast. I did a water change just by adding 25 gallons tonight haha. I couledent believe how much water I had to add. I added 25 gallons. I mixed 35 just to cover my butt. Good thing.