Wisconsin frags in San Diego (Day 2)

Discussion in 'SPS Corals' started by diverdan, May 31, 2013.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. diverdan

diverdan Bangghai Cardinal

Today I received my 2 frags from Todd. He shipped them 2 day fed ex on wednesday and they arrived at 11:00am this morning. I was working when my wife called me to let me know. She told me they were already floating. I thought "wow". She asked me how I was going to acclimate them and she told me she that she would take care of it. So I let her run with it.
    I got home a couple hrs later and they were still dripping like I was planning. So I mounted them on some rock and put them in the tank.
    The packing of the sps was great, Todd did a great job getting these packed up. Both pieces did not get beat up at all.
    Many thanks to Todd for such great healthy pieces.
    The following pics are 2 min after in the tank.
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1370062769.212168.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1370062788.586451.jpg
    1 hour after being in the DT.
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1370062864.230302.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1370062884.947672.jpg

There was no damage to either piece and no polyp loss what so ever. Even know with the lights off I have great PE.
    Very healthy pieces. Thanks again Todd.

Last edited: Jun 1, 2013
  2. Click Here!

3. rcflyer1388

rcflyer1388 Bubble Tip Anemone

very nice pieces! You're a lucky man there to have a partner there that enjoys the hobby equally. I'm sure you made a few guys on here jealous lol.

4. Chris!

Chris! Banned

I wouldn't have suggested shipping them 2-day, Birdsnest are a bit more resilient tho. Glad to see they made it, they look like they are pretty good size pieces too :)

Thats nice that the Mrs. was able to help you out with getting them ready for the tank. Mine could probably do it, but I wouldn't let her (I like to see what comes off in the dip myself), she has acclimated fish, and kept up my dosing routine (cal,alk, vodka,vinegar) tho so I can't complain :)

5. oldfishkeeper

oldfishkeeper Giant Squid

that Todd, such a great Texan living in Wisconsin :) New adds look great diver! Congrats on the healthy additions!

6. diverdan

Thanks rc.
    Very lucky.

According to this article I found 2 day was fine. Also anything faster than 2 day would have been ridiculously expensive. They are great pieces. A lot bigger than I was expecting but grateful for the size, truly excited and stoked with them. Todd sure grows them good.
    Well the wifey got me in the hobby so I know her skills are there and they were still dripping when I got home so I saw everything before they went in.

Thanks OFK. Yea Wisconsin has at least one great Texan.

7. Corailline

Corailline Super Moderator

I knew Todd was a good egg.

Congrats! I love BN but they hate me. :-(

1 person likes this.
  8. Click Here!

9. diverdan

I don't think it's anything personal. You have other great looking corals!

I just wanted to update for day 2.
    Both pieces are doing great. They are handling the transition very well. I am getting great PE out of both pieces and very happy with how their doing.
    Here are pics I how their doing.
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1370137349.552358.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1370137364.955249.jpg

10. norg.

norg. Kole Tang

These corals looks familiar.... Haha. Nice job packaging them Todd. Im glad to see these colonies grow out and go to more good homes.

11. HeiHei29er

HeiHei29er Gigas Clam

Very cool and congrats on the adds!

12. Chris!

Chris! Banned

Do you happen to still have a link to that article?? Yeah for 2 Birdsnest I wouldn't pay overnight either (but it is also often just given away here), but I personally wouldn't trust 99% of all acros w/ 2 day....