Win Eshopps New Magnetic Probe Holder

Discussion in '3reef Forum News & Information' started by Matt Rogers, Aug 17, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

Thanks to our great sponsors we are giving more away on 3reef. In addition to $500 worth of coral from BlueWaterTropicals that you can still win, Eshopps has just thrown down a pair of their really cool magnet probe holders for some lucky 3reefers to snag before their September 1st shipping date. How to win? Register on 3reef - read instructions below.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Eshopps Web site:
    http://www.eshopps.com

These are cool probe holders. Eshopps did a great job. So here is the deal...

Submission dates:
    Now until 12am Monday.

What to do:

1) Post picture on this thread of your current sump.
    2) Tell us a tip that helped you with your current sump setup.
    3) Use the share button below and invite a friend to 3reef and tell them we give away great stuff here and they really should become a member now. :)

Use this:
    <span class="st_sharethis_hcount" displayText="Share"></span>
    <script type="text/javascript" src="http://w.sharethis.com/button/buttons.js"></script><script type="text/javascript">stLight.options({publisher:'dad3e9df-d5a7-4223-b8fa-f8fbb01dec1d'});</script>

That's it. Big thanks to the guys at Eshopps for thinking of us and giving us these great new probe holders. Good luck to all!!
    The winners will be announced Monday after being selected by our 3reef Gnomes.

matt

Last edited: Aug 18, 2010
  2. Click Here!

3. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

Jeez. Do I need to keep these for myself?
    :hehe:

4. xmetalfan99

xmetalfan99 Giant Squid

i'll do it as soon as I get home from work.

1 person likes this.
  5. tatted4ever

tatted4ever Clown Trigger

Here's my entry for this contest...

The best tip I can give somebody is have a constant water level for your protein skimmer. That is probably the most important piece in your sump.

I based my sump off of my Super Reef Octopux XP-2000 Cone Skimmer. It requires such a low water level at 5.5" - 6". It is crucial that this skimmer maintains that constant water level.

So keep that in mind when setting up your sump. Make sure it is suitable to be the home of your protien skimmer.

Some pictures 8)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Ive wanted this as soon as I saw some preview pics for this item.... My poor probes are just dangling :cry:

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  6. xmetalfan99

xmetalfan99 Giant Squid

My number one tip to your sump is K.I.S.(S.) Keep it simple(, stupid). There is no need to have a large number of chambers or unneeded baffles. The more baffles and chambers in the sump the harder it is to build and the greater the chances of something going wrong. Use as little plumbing as possible. This keeps the confusion level down and makes it easier to troubleshoot a problem. The less chambers and plumbing the easier it is to setup, install, uninstall, and less things that could go wrong. Keep it Simple!!!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  7. Newreef15

Newreef15 Horrid Stonefish

Well my tank has the sump in the back and i didnt have alot of room so i took some pics but I realy didnt like how i couldnt take a full picture so i made a video :) DSCN0026.mp4 video by newreef15 - Photobucket

The best advice i can give you is build your sump around your skimmer, make it with the least amount of pluming and dividers as possible not only will it make it cheaper to set up but there will also be less things that can go wrong, and add enoght technolgy to make it eaiser for you but not so much that you over well your self.

Here are some pictures

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Matt thanks for the opportunity

8. Click Here!

9. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

GREAT entries so far! 8)
    Love the sump pics and the tips. Thanks all - this is turning out to be pretty cool!

Who's next?!?!!?

10. jkat21

jkat21 Bangghai Cardinal

This is my sump/fuge. and it could use one of those nice looking probe holders :)
    The advice I could offer would be to plan a head.Ask your self a few questions before you build..What size tank/container can I fit under my display?.. how many pumps you will need?(return/ reactor feed/etc).what size/depth will my skimmer need?.Will I use a fuge,if so plan your plumbing and fuge location(usually slower flow side).how will my flow run?(left to right...side to middle..etc)..then build accordingly..It is a very easy DIY project if you plan ahead...so just take it slow and plan ahead..
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

11. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

Great advice - thanks for entering!
    Quick question - Is there enough room in that sump for tank water when the power goes out? My power went out last night so that scenario is on my mind. :)

matt

12. jkat21

jkat21 Bangghai Cardinal

Yip holds it no prob..only fills a couple inches above that tape mark.its a 20 long..made sure to see how much backfill I got before deciding on ths baffel hights/sizes..