will they grow?

Discussion in 'New To The Hobby' started by rc_mcwaters3, Dec 30, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. rc_mcwaters3

rc_mcwaters3 Clown Trigger

I bought about 2 months ago a 2 head frag of Lunar Eclipse Zoas ( as best as i can tell) from the LFS. they almost imeditaly split into another head and now i have 2 big heads and one little head. it looks fine but has stoped growing :confused:. do i need to be worried do i need to feed it something special :confused:.

Paramters are 0 across the board with a 2 bulb t5 light one actithic (i know i spelled that wrong) and one 10k.

2. Click Here!

3. jdameli1

jdameli1 Torch Coral

where it the tank do you have it placed? and how deep is your tank.

From my experience with Zoas, sometimes they stop growing for a bit and then will explode with growth all of a sudden

How old are your bulbs?

4. rc_mcwaters3

Tank is a 20 tall, place directly under the light twords the top of the tank with medium flow.

5. Corailline

Corailline Super Moderator

I have some Lunar Eclipse I see a new growth about 2 to 3 weeks. It is located in the sandbed under 20k metal halide. Not the fastest growing zoanthids I have ever had but they sure are pretty.

6. rc_mcwaters3

I agree, and i got my frag for $10 so im not to upset but i want everything in my tank to do well.