Will these lights be ok?

Discussion in 'Reef Lighting' started by Bigjoeybx, Mar 7, 2008.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Bigjoeybx

Bigjoeybx Astrea Snail

Hello everyone. I just wanted to know will these T 5's do me good? I really don't plan on having no more than 2 easy maintenance corals. They total 216watts, the 48 inch set. My tank is a 55 gal 48-20-13. Please help if they not good enough for just a couple of corals I need to send back ASAP.
    T-5 Aquarium Lighting: Nova Extreme T-5 Fixtures w/Lunar Lights

2. Click Here!

3. wastemanagement

wastemanagement Eyelash Blennie

IMO you should be fine with thoes, nice find!!

4. Brandon1023

Brandon1023 Fire Goby

Haha good luck with that idea! Once you get two then you'll want "just one more." Then "well a 4th couldn't hurt." Then before you know it yourtankissofullthatyouhavetoupgradeandyouhaveadedicatedfishroomforyourfragsandyour568974369gallonTANK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Whew!

5. Bigjoeybx

Bigjoeybx Astrea Snail

OK...... I thiink Im gonna roll with these I want a fish tank not a reef really. Just want to get 1-2 for decorations. Hopefully I won't get addcted besdides these lights make my tank look sexy as hell.

6. lunatik_69

lunatik_69 Giant Squid

Ditto, lmao. Before you know it, you have a reef tank, hahaha We all said that $3000.00 ago.

7. onecansay

onecansay Spanish Shawl Nudibranch

Ya, nice kooking unit. Built my own though. Used Hagan Power Glow T5 bulbs and electronic ballasts with reflectors. That price is really great, hope the output to tank will be great.
    some call me frank

8. Click Here!

9. rcupak

rcupak Astrea Snail

lighting fixture

Did you already get this fixture? If you did let me know what kind of success you've had with the day and night time lighting cycles if you would, I'm shopping around for a light and this seems to be about the best for cycles and price. Good luck....

10. Bigjoeybx

Bigjoeybx Astrea Snail

Yeah got this fixture day I posted. And the damn thing is bright as heck. lol I haven't really started a cycle with them being I don't have a fish yet. I just keep the moonlights on really But the white lights are bright and the actnic looks good as heck. So I would definitly get these if you aren't gonna be a big coral keeper. They also make them in 432 watts.