Will mp10s work on 90gallon tank

Discussion in 'Filters, Pumps, etc..' started by Ducncover, Feb 21, 2014.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Ducncover

Ducncover Skunk Shrimp

Putting together an equipment list for future 90 gallon build.looking at aqueon reef ready 90 gallon tank. I have 2 mp10s on my 57 gallon which is 3/8 inch glass... I think the 90 is 1/2" (if someone can confirm this thanks) vortech says mp10 will work up to 3/8 I'd really like to not spend the money on mp40s and instead use the mp10s and add a tunze or another power head to help out with flow. Anyone have experience with mp10s above 3/8

2. Click Here!

3. ingtar_shinowa

ingtar_shinowa Giant Squid

I have mp10's on my 125g for the back wall at 3/8" the work. I think Hunter has 1/2" class and uses mp10 as well.

That being said you will want the mp40s. Either that or look into the jeabo wp-40 powerheads alot of people are using those, I sold mine before setting them up and took advantage of the black friday rebate offer from ecotech.

4. PghSteeler

PghSteeler Tassled File Fish

mp10s are good for anything up to 4ft I believe. So on the backwall of almsot any tank is ok and on the side walls of anthing 4ft and under they are ok.

This is assuming the glass thickness is ok. I was jsut at the lfs the other day and talking to him about that since he runs mp60s and mp40s on his own tank and he was said he had a customer ask him about mp10s on 1/2inch thick glass. He was unsure of the answer so contacted echotech and they stated it is ok to use them on 1/2inch glass but the connection will not be as tight as it would be on 3/8 and lower. Anything about 1/2inch you need an mp10.