Will Kick-ick and/or Rally medications affect my tank's parameters?

Discussion in 'Water Chemistry' started by Magnus, Feb 12, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Magnus

Magnus Sharknado

Hello, as the title say, I'm wondering if my readings will be affected by dosing Kick-Ick and Rally?

I've got a hippo tang and it took him 2 days to get all kinds white spots on him. The place I got it from does not quarantine and I don't have a q-tank yet, so I did what I had to do, and the risk of getting an infected fish became very true.

I keep a very close eye on my water parameters, and up until 2 days ago, they were all normal: pH 8.2, ammonia, nitrite and nitrate at 0. Haven't checked calcium, magnesium or dKH for about 4 days though.

I haven't checked back since I started dosing these two medicines and the reason I'm doing 2 is because I also had an Oodinium outbreak.

But, back to the question: Will this medicine dosing affect any of the controlled parameters I mentioned above?

Thanks!

- Mag.

2. Click Here!

3. pgoodsell

pgoodsell Horrid Stonefish

I would think no. If it does they will usually warn you about it in the directions for the medication. Maybe some one else will know more.

4. Magnus

Magnus Sharknado

THanks. I was thinking the same. It says in the bottle that it's safe for saltwater aquariums with corals and inverts as well. So.... I suppose it'll be ok.

If I get any weird reading I'll know.

- Mag.

5. mirandacollc

mirandacollc Flame Angel

I have never had any luck with kick ich other then making my coral look like poo... The best thing for ich is qt if not then raise your temp to 82, turn your lights off for longer periods, feed with garlic to keep them eating and it just like a cold should pass.

6. irr0001

irr0001 Purple Tang

Agreed. I have had my go around with kick-ich with absolutely zero positive effects. Stick with what mirandacollc suggested and you and your fish will be fine.