will it fit? oceanic biocube skimmer

Discussion in 'Protein Skimmers' started by REDMANS CUBE, Sep 18, 2008.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. REDMANS CUBE

REDMANS CUBE Fire Shrimp

i have been running my biocube 29 for a year without a skimmer. i was planning on getting a skimmer. will the skimmer made by oceanic fit in the first chamber with my heater in there. heater is a ebo 200-300 watt (not sure which) or do i even need a skimmer. i dont want to move the heater i like the look of not having to look at it in the tank.

29 gallon bc, 30lbs of lr, corals: star polyps, leather,mushrooms,kenya tree (i think) zoos, and button polyps. fish 2 perc clowns, large bengai, blue damsel, 2 cleaner shrimp, blue star, and snails and crabs.

Attached Files:

2. Click Here!

3. schackmel

schackmel Giant Squid

I have my biocube skimmer in the first chamber and the heater in the third chamber and everything works fine. Not the worlds greatest skimmer, but from what I have read about as good as any of the other small "nano" skimmers out there. I have tossed out the cartridge in there and use a piece of filter floss that I cut that I use in my other sump, some hydro carbon, phoslo. I place all that in the second chamber.