Will a Sixline Wrasse do better than a Firefish?

Discussion in 'New To The Hobby' started by Jctse, Apr 2, 2013.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Jctse

Jctse Astrea Snail

I've got two mixed reef tanks heavy on LPS/softies/liverock in both (20 Long and 36 bowfront). I had an oscellaris in the 20 Long and in the 36 Bow I had a black clown and yellow watchman.

Everything was fine but I couldn't leave well enough alone and bought a Sixline wrasse and firefish. I introduced a six line wrasse into the 20 (with the ocellaris) and they get along great. But then I put a firefish in the 36 with the Blackclown and Yellow watchman. Problem is that the blackclown chases the firefish.

Question: Will the sixline be better with the black clown in the 36? So Sixline/Black Cllown/Yellow watchman in 36 and 20 will have Ocellars and Firefish. Or is this a situation where the Blackclown will bully anything...still wondering why he leaves the yellow watchman alone.

Thanks
    James

2. Click Here!

3. tattoolew

tattoolew Sea Dragon

Was the YWG introduced first/was the black occ much smaller when introduced? these could be the reasons they get along my clowns only chase the firefish and coral beauty but leaves the rest alone. Some fish will just chase anything. moving tanks could be more of a stresser than the bullying. I would let them be for a few more days. Make sure the FF gets food and keep an eye on it.

4. karlas

karlas Fire Goby

leave the sixline / black clown and yellow watchman together. the firefish are very timid calm fish and can be easily bullied leave him in with the ocellars clown, the 6 line is a good reef fish but might go after anything with similar colors like the firefish