Will a Mini Maxi Carpet Anemone eat my Clowns?

Discussion in 'Inverts' started by prototype17a, Jun 9, 2012.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. prototype17a

prototype17a Astrea Snail

I currently orderd a Mini Maxi Carpet Anemone online. Will be here in a week,
    however after doing some additional research I've learned they are prone to eat the occasional tank mate.

I currently have a 33 gallon with 2 black ice clowns, ladder glider goby, fire shrimp and various hermits/snails.

My main concern is the black ice clowns as they are pretty bad ass and not cheap to replace.

Am I potentially putting them at risk? They're still juvies.

2. Click Here!

3. NanaReefer

NanaReefer Fu Manchu Lion Fish

It is a possibility! They are a very sticky, fast closing nem. Should a fish get spooked and bump into it, chances are they're done for.
    I'm speaking from experience. I've lost 3 fish in all. Most recent being 4 days ago. I'm removing the nems.
    Your best bet is to place the nem at the farthest away from the clowns special spot. Let me say though that none of my lost fish were clowns. I don't know if they would be any different.

4. prototype17a

prototype17a Astrea Snail

Im not sure If I really want to risk it now lol.
    On the off chance it gets one. I have another reef tank I may throw it in for the time being until I can find a new home for it.

5. NanaReefer

NanaReefer Fu Manchu Lion Fish

Sounds like a plan. FYI there a many here who would be wanting to buy it from you :) If I didn't have to *cut* mine out they'd all be sold-lol

6. ingtar_shinowa

ingtar_shinowa Giant Squid

I've had one for months and not had an issue, but with nems there is always the risk. BTA's are not known to eat fish, but I lost a pygmy wrasse to one. Clowns will have alot better chance of surviving an encounter than anything else.