Will A Dog Eat A Fish If It Somehow......

Discussion in 'ASAP' started by BossHogg, Mar 15, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. BossHogg

BossHogg Astrea Snail

Got out of the tank. So my situation here is, I just got home from a road trip to texas with my lacrosse team, had my sister watch over my tank while I was gone and had no problems except some water loss no biggie and when i got home all fish were accounted for. The next day even I notice everything is good still and then that night I couldn't find my male clown fish. I looked all around the rocks moved things around and didnt see him at feeding time.

My question is if it did somehow jump out (can they even do that?) would a beagle eat it?

2. Click Here!

3. reefmonkey

reefmonkey Giant Squid

Clownfish aren't prone to jump but will. A dog will eat it's own poo so yeah I'd say it'd eat a fish if it found one on the floor.
    But I doubt that's the case. If your fish passed in the night your CUC made short work of doing it's job. Mine totally consume a royal gramma in less than two hours. I hope your clown is just hiding though.

4. fischkid2

fischkid2 Dirty Filter Sock

Clowns are not the most efficient swimmers but I'm sure they could jump out free willy style if they wanted to. And i would imagine a dog would eat nearly anything that resembled food.
    Sorry to hear about you MIA or loss. maybe DIY screen for tank?

5. BossHogg

BossHogg Astrea Snail

yea my dog will eat anything but she has never really paid much attention to my tank but who knows. If he did pass in the tank i am pleased with my cuc for doing a great job cause there aint any evidence left behind. So i guess thats a good thing.

So with one male gone should i get another one to keep the female happy or could a get a black and white ( I like those ones) to go with a female Oc?

6. Tangster

Tangster 3reef Sponsor

Heck yes it will eat a fish a dog's loves to eat cat crap /mess and any animals crap for that matter or any rotten or dead animal they will eat or roll in :) They love to roll in Horse road apples :)

7. RNO CORALS

RNO CORALS Bristle Worm

My clown decided to jump

8. Click Here!

9. mirandacollc

mirandacollc Flame Angel

Have you seen where dogs lick? I mean they eat there poo cats poo there frinds poo. I have never heard of a clown jumping but I guess anything is possible. I had a beagle that would roll in anything or eat anything that smelled horrible so I guess it could happen. I have had clowns and when they die they dissappear quit fast. Are you sure it did not just dissappear into the tank after dying? There are alot of odds here.

10. divott

divott Giant Squid

one way to find out, check its poo. might see some bright orange. we had a dog that ate a green budgie, wanna guess how i know that? :)

11. Saltynub

Saltynub Spaghetti Worm

my dog ate one of my blood parrots that had jumped out so i am possitive on the dog at it thing.

12. doog

doog Peppermint Shrimp

1. i've had a clownfish jump
    2. my stupid basset ate so much fishkill on our lake that she got pancreatitis and cost me 2 grand in vet bills to keep her dumb a** alive

so yup, very possible situation, although i'll guarantee you that your beagle is smarter than my basset.