will 2 cleaner shrimp work.....

Discussion in 'Inverts' started by milomlo, Jul 24, 2012.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. milomlo

milomlo Astrea Snail

I was thinking of getting 2 cleaner shrimp for my 29 gallon. Or one cleaner and one blood red shrimp. Do you think those would be ok in a 29 gallon?
    What about 2 cleaner and 4 peppermints? I will have corals eventually so will peppermints bother the corals?

2. Click Here!

3. steve wright

steve wright Super Moderator

pepermints may bother the corals Milomio
    they eat Aiptasia and often will browse on other soft and LPS corals

2 cleaner shrimp should be OK, they can be territorial, but not overly aggresive IME

1 cleaner and 1 blood shrimp should also work, I have 2 cleaners and 1 blood in my 75 and do not think they have ever achnowledged each others existance

Steve

4. SAY

SAY Ocellaris Clown

When I had a blood red and a skunk in the same 135, they stayed on opposite sides of the tank and did show some aggression towards each other if they happened to meet. It wasn't exactly a bloody brawl but wouldn't expect them to be buddies. I would be interested in hearing anyone's story if they had the two species together in a tank as small as a 29.

5. JHiestand

JHiestand Spanish Shawl Nudibranch

I have two fire shrimp, two cleaner shrimp, and two peppermint shrimp in a 72 bowfront. The shrimp seem to stay in pairs by breed, I dont notice any aggression at all. Had all for about 2 months now.