Why is this happening to me HELP!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Water Chemistry' started by vegasfish, Jun 4, 2008.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. vegasfish

vegasfish Feather Star

well I know I screwed up but I will try to correct it. my tank did go through a full cycle high ammonia followed by high nitrites then high nitrate. all then went to 0. I waited a week and the add the fish. apparently a poor desision. I do have a protien skimmer. I will try to add bacteria today if it does not help I will remove the fishes and start over. I guess I'm a nuckle head. thanks for all the advice I will keep you posted.

2. Click Here!

3. lunatik_69

lunatik_69 Giant Squid

Keep us posted, hopefully this is a lesson learned. Your not a nuckle head, just a newbie.;D Luna

1 person likes this.
  4. vegasfish

vegasfish Feather Star

r34dawn,

I dont know the pump I think it is 600 gph. my head is just spinning right now from the problems I created

5. vegasfish

vegasfish Feather Star

I'm stuck at work until 10:00pm pacific time. so my nice wife is taking a sample of the water to the lfs to get tested by them and to pick up the recommended items. I wish I could be there to do it so I am stressed I hope I dont get ich. :)

6. R34dawn

R34dawn Ocellaris Clown

Get a hold of your self, there a lot of things that can go wrong any time in this hobby, just add some bacteria, and maybe wet skim if your skimmer has an outlet for a hose or something, run it into a bucket or a large container because the skimmer cup wont hold the water load, then leave the lights off
    so the fish don't be so active, and dont feed them, might start going down again. Oh and don't loose your head now! your fish need ya!

>))))*>

1 person likes this.
  7. vegasfish

vegasfish Feather Star

call it crazy

dang test kits. so my wife took sample water to the lfs in line was another guy who's water tested bad. then it was her turn and my water tested purfect the guy said. she said ammonia, nitrite, and nitrate were 0. Ph was 8.4 and she said the guy told her the alk was good unknown number. I told her he must be crazy so she went to another lfs and she got the same results. I have been using red sea test kits but not any more.

I will be sleeping alot easier tonight. I have learned a lesson from all you fellow 3reefer's which is to slow down. thanks you all very much I think it was trully the power of "karma" that pulled me through this one::)

8. Click Here!

9. R34dawn

R34dawn Ocellaris Clown

you see good thing! or you be wasting water and money that can buy you more fish....lmao
    good to hear that