Why is everyone selling their AI sols?

Discussion in 'LED Aquarium Lighting' started by EthanKyle, Jul 12, 2012.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. EthanKyle

EthanKyle Plankton

I was looking at these fixtures but I'm know having second thoughts about it. I may wait for the Maxspect Razors to come out. What do you think?

2. Click Here!

3. skurious

skurious Sailfin Tang

People are probably selling them because the new AI vega is coming soon.

4. Mr. Bill

Mr. Bill Native Floridian

I doubt that- It wouldn't make sense to sell them before they get the newer model if they were satisfied with the performance. I do know some went back to T5 or MH; I've seen their threads.

5. ingtar_shinowa

ingtar_shinowa Giant Squid

Whites and Blue grow corals well, but I believe more full color spectrum leds are the way to go for long term color and health. The AI vega look good but I love my radions. Right now there is a thread up here about a dimmable RGB led fixture for a pretty decent price, might be worth looking into.

6. Nubcake

Nubcake Spanish Shawl Nudibranch

In your opinion will the vega give the radion xr30w a run for its money?

7. schackmel

schackmel Giant Squid

I was really disappointed with the storm mode. The LFS has these, and I was working there and someone set it to storm mode.......it just looked like the light was going out!

8. Click Here!

9. ingtar_shinowa

ingtar_shinowa Giant Squid

Storms are silly, why add stress to the livestock lol. As for giving radions a run. They are cheaper, but cover less. It not really an apples to apples comparison, but I bet they do take some market share away.
    I love the software for the radions, and I think you have to purchase a secondary controller for the vegas like you did with the sols but I'm not sure.

10. Seano Hermano

Seano Hermano Giant Squid

Talking about the Vega or the Radion here?

The Vega should be about $500 compared to the Radion with has an MSRP of $750. I feel like the Vega will be much better (customizable pucks, 20 controllable channels, ect).

11. skurious

skurious Sailfin Tang

Vegas are still kinda up in the air. I dont think they are shipping them out quite yet, so its yet to be determined as to how they perform.

I agree that you cant truly compare the Vega to the Radioin, there are just too many variables.

I dont think you have to buy any secondary controller for the vegas but im not really sure.

12. EthanKyle

EthanKyle Plankton

I'm new to LEDs so I appreciate the feedback. I had incredible growth with my MHs in the past, but I would like to go the LED route this time. I first looked at the Radions, then the Sols and then the Maxpects Razors which are soon to come out. I'm so confused!