Why I want a VorTech MP-10 and driver (vid)

Discussion in 'Filters, Pumps, etc..' started by reefmonkey, Sep 8, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. reefmonkey

reefmonkey Giant Squid

Here's two short videos of the pumps in action and being driven by the EcoSmart drivers. Someday I hope to aquire a set...

2. Click Here!

3. mcfarrow

mcfarrow Skunk Shrimp

Its an awesome pump. My rbta started bubbling up the day I installed it. The short pulse waves freak out my girl so I usually leave it on lagoon mode. I want 3 more. Well maybe 1 more mp10 and two mp20s.

4. maxxtk

maxxtk Spaghetti Worm

i have the MP20 on reef crest mode on my 55gal show and it's amazing! i want another one so i can retire the Koralia evo for good. (not that it's not a good pump, the MP20 is just better).

5. Malcolm

Malcolm Plankton

Brand new they are excellent. I have had trouble with the wet side eventually, after a little over a year, rubbing internally. The friction source has yet to be determined, but unless the engineering has been worked on, they don't hold up over time. I have seen several reviews on the internet ( see Marine Depot. com ) by people having the same problem. A new wet side is expensive. I am going to bite the bullet and get Tunze based on their reputation.

6. tinnghe

tinnghe Purple Spiny Lobster

I got 2 of these, the size is incredible. The thing that made me get them is the warranty. It seem that they have problems, but they are pretty good with providing a fix.

7. mcfarrow

mcfarrow Skunk Shrimp

There is only 1 review out of 34 on that site that is negative for this product and I can't find any other negative reviews on other sites. Could you link us up?

8. Click Here!

9. kcbrad

kcbrad Giant Squid

I love my MP40. I keep it on reef crest mode. The crazy water movement is just too much for me. I like a peaceful tank lol.

I plan on getting another MP40 for the other side so they can work together.