Why I don't surf here.

Discussion in 'The Bucket' started by Matt Rogers, Jul 9, 2003.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

YIKES!

Attached Files:

2. Click Here!

3. Jason McKenzie

Jason McKenzie Super Moderator

Were in the "H" "E" double hockey sticks is that??? :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

J

4. CheckMateKingll

CheckMateKingll Feather Duster

WOW,,,
    That's why I don't surf, hehe,,,
    I work down by the East Coast of North Miami on a 52 floor High Rise building, I was on the 30th floor looking at the beach and spotted 2 sharks about 30ft off the coast, that was enough for me...
    I'll stick to the swimming pools now, Tank You

5. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

hehe. I know what you mean. ;)

(J - I don't know where it is. But what a photo!)

6. Guest

Guest Guest

guys im pretty sure thats a dolphin
    the shape of the dorsal fin and the horizontal tail fin are a give away.
    dont u think if it was a shark that the surfer would be shittin his pants ?? lol
    i surfed for years wen i was a bit younger, and dolphins surfin with ya was pretty common, they scare the hell outta ya at first !

7. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

8. Click Here!

9. karlas

karlas Fire Goby

thats an awesome pic though it would scare the heck outta ya though if that came up out of the water even if it was a dolphin think about it how many people would stop and take a look lol

10. Craig Manoukian

Craig Manoukian Giant Squid

I was swimming in the surf at Laguna Beach and bumbed into a sea lion. Scared me to death. I can imagine how the surfer feels even though it's a dolphin. Didn't realize how big dolphins can be.

11. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

[quote author=Craig_Manoukian link=board=Bucket;num=1057787626;start=0#7 date=07/15/03 at 10:09:13]I was swimming in the surf at Laguna Beach and bumbed into a sea lion.  Scared me to death. [/quote]

Wow! :eek: That would have freaked me out too! ;D

By the way, I am still getting emails about this photo, much debate. Inspite of the photographer saying it's a dolphin, some of my friends are still convinced it's a shark. They say the size of it and the apparent verticalness of the tail fin are the reasons.

12. Guest

Guest Guest

Hey,
    Just wanted to say, that, that is a dolphin, a rather large one, but a dolphin just the same. Some one said something about the dorsal fin, being curved, which is right, but also if u look at the tail fin, you can see it does not run parallel with the dorsal fin, a sharks tail fin and dorsal stick straight up, so when they break the surface u actually see two fins most of the time. I surf and see both regularly, here in South Carolina. But, i have to agree, when ever u see a fin, its scary, all though they tell you if u see a dolphin there are no sharks near by. Well it's a big ocean, and a little me.

-Ben