Why do most BTA lose their bubble tips?

Discussion in 'Inverts' started by Bruce, Jan 20, 2005.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Bruce

Bruce Giant Squid

is there a specific reason or do they just do?...alot of people tell me that in an aquarium it is just luck if they dont :/

2. Click Here!

3. Olyoxenfree

Olyoxenfree Astrea Snail

I thought it was a feeding/coping method. they withdraw their bubble tips when stressed or things like that. I'm no expert (never even owned one) but maybe people will be able to dig up more info.

Ok found something. it is a bit of a read, but it has thorough information about BTA's including care, splitting, feeding whatever. You should be able to glean some information about their tendency to lose their "bubble tips"

Cheers!

http://www.wetwebmedia.com/marine/inverts/cnidaria/anthozoa/bubbletipanemones.htm

4. OoNickoC

OoNickoC Bubble Tip Anemone

After years of owning and selling them I havent any supported ideas.

5. Bruce

Bruce Giant Squid

hmm...well thats too bad about the bubble tips...o well...not im just waiting for any of my like 4 lfs to get a pair of true perculas...man all they have r the false onces...and they grow 1in bigger :(...

6. Astalie

Astalie Spanish Shawl Nudibranch

um, I think I read somewhere that if they loose their bubble tips and spread out really far their cranky about the lighting. Is it spread out very far or compact?

7. Bruce

Bruce Giant Squid

its not very spread out...somone times it has minor bubble tips but im gona put my baby either in a new nano cube with 92 or 102 watts...i havent decided yet ...i think 92 cuz with 102 it would be hard to put ina moon light :)

8. Click Here!

9. mushroom_man

mushroom_man Bubble Tip Anemone

miami,right near da beach BOYE!, FL,Florida
    i have my bta in an eclipse 12 with 96 watts. everytime i feed the thing it shrivels for like a day and a half then is back to its non-shriveld non-bubble self... it every once in a while it will get these nice little bubble tips but imo, i have seen them the best under mh lighting...;D

10. Bruce

Bruce Giant Squid

do u have the 96 watt nano from nanocustoms.com or did u mod it urself? im thinking of getting their 92w kit

11. mushroom_man

mushroom_man Bubble Tip Anemone

miami,right near da beach BOYE!, FL,Florida
    ECLIPSE 12 GALLON... i made the hoood and put the 96 watt quad retro-fit kit. no deaths coral wise. :D yes i moded myself. sorry about the big letters im just tired,(its 1 in the morning and i cant sleep) and sick of people not reading everything in the posts or profiles. is the eclipse 12 gallon really that rare that everyone assumes that its a nano?