Why cant i keep Birdsnest

Discussion in 'Coral' started by Seancelebrity, Oct 24, 2013.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Seancelebrity

Seancelebrity Feather Duster

I have a decent variety of corals in my tank ranging from acros bubble frogspawn torch zoes etc etc but yet i cant keep a darn birds nest alive they keep bleaching out. I realllllllly like birds nest any one have any suggestions to help me keep them alive

2. Click Here!

3. Kevin_E

Kevin_E Giant Squid

What kind of lighting and where do you place it? I would ask for parameters, but if you're successfully keeping acros, I can't imagine it being an issue. I know Corailline is in the same boat as you. Some people just can't keep certain things for some reason. I have both ponape and pink in my setup.

Edit: I see you signature

4. Daniel072

Daniel072 Giant Squid

Possibly too much light. BN doesn't have to have that much light, for the most part, to thrive

5. Seancelebrity

I really want to try again on a bn but tired of paying the money for ore birds nest

6. Kevin_E

Kevin_E Giant Squid

Where do you place them in your tank?

7. Seancelebrity

Normally middle to low but that was my old 20 long I have a new 29 gallon with a different light. I haven't tried bn in the new tank

8. Click Here!

9. Va Reef

Va Reef Giant Squid

Flow flow flow. BN has an interesting growth pattern so detritus is easily trapped in its branches.

FWIW I cant keep montipora capricornus.

Not sure what you're paying for BN, here its basically the cheapest frag you can get.