WHY are my Koralia Evo's not working/ working well?

Discussion in 'Filters, Pumps, etc..' started by Todd_Sails, Feb 14, 2014.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Todd_Sails

Todd_Sails Giant Squid

Hi all, I know there have been other threads on Koralia's, and something about getting a new cover for them from them for free to fix some problems?
    Why should it need a new cover when the end of the shaft doesn't even touch the cover like on the maxijets- whjich are still working great btw.

But WT...?

I have had a Evo 750 and 600.

Both of them finally got to where they quit working, and often restarted in reverse. The reverse thing didn't bother me that much, but long ago the 750 just quit working altogether.

Today, once again I noticed that my 600 had quit working.
    UP until now, after a clean and hand starting the prop many times, and getting the cover on it just right, it would work.
    So today my 600, after cleaning, jacking with it in and out of the water, moving the bushing, moving the cover, etc.- I just couldn't get it to keep working anymore!

I guess it wasn't that exspensive- and I can see why

Sub par if you ask me.

Even my maxijets, with the power head attachment are still working well ,and they are slightly older than the Koralias too.

So what gives- just by expecting them to continue working after about 2 years- without any wavemaker on them, what am I doing wrong?
    They should be: plug in, put where you want it, and work even if they need cleaning, and not stop working, and not even run backwards.

Is there a Koralia Rep on this site sometimes?
    Could you please explain to me why your products stopped working, on 2 of your Evo's, and won't even work right again no matter how much I clean it, or hold my tongue just right?

I'm so glad I have the Jabeo WP40's- at least they work and always work right.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2014
  2. Click Here!

3. Swisswiss

Swisswiss Caribbean Reef Squid

really not a fan, unfortunately they were the cheaper more available powerheads when i threw myself in the hobby but i will definitely not go back to them. tunze is where my loyalty is at now.

fair enough i shut off everything while i do WC and 9out of 10 times they would not restart due to sponge/crunk build up. they are decent pumps if you have the will and time to clean them regularly. tunze
    shreds across any build up

4. jkat21

jkat21 Bangghai Cardinal

Check the magnets. Mine had small splits in them that swelled a little and that stoped the pumps from working. Contacted them and they sent out new magnets no questions asked. The pumps have never been better.

5. oldfishkeeper

oldfishkeeper Giant Squid

I'm sorry yours stopped working. I had to chuckle at your questions, it doesn't work even when you hold your tongue just right? :) I still have one koralia and another that I swap out when the one in the tank gets dirty...I hate how they seem to just trap stuff in the slits - the WP-25 has similar slits but does not trap stuff like the koralias do. I also usually have a problem when they're unplugged, when I replug them in they usually run in reverse or if power goes out, when they restart they're in reverse - usually unplugging and replugging a couple times gets them started in the correct direction again. I agree with you though, I don't like them :)

6. Todd_Sails

Todd_Sails Giant Squid

Thanks, while I know the Tunze are a nice product-
    I'm all about the Jabeo WP series now!

Thanks for the heads up, but I'm thru with them. Too much trouble. They worked OK for a while, now I can't get either one to work.
    Small stuff, I'm not sweating it anymore.