Who's the resident SeaStar expert?

Discussion in 'Inverts' started by geekdafied, Oct 8, 2007.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. geekdafied

geekdafied 3reef Sponsor

I found this lil bugger a few mins ago, its about 1" tip to tip, its not a mini brittle star, I got one of those too. Ive got some corals in a holding tank, and the stars came out of the corals. I remember reading somewhere a few years ago about 6 legged stars being bad, dont remember why or what kind or anything else about that. This has 6 legs, most brittles has 5, so Im no where near an expert on stars.

[​IMG]

2. Click Here!

3. omard

omard Gnarly Old Codfish

"Who's the resident SeaStar expert?..."​

[​IMG]

Either of my two Harlequins. :laughy:

Last edited: Oct 8, 2007
  4. geekdafied

geekdafied 3reef Sponsor

haha, I didnt pay attention to the acrticle I read cause I see stars as harlequin food. Which is why I never had any of them nor harlequins. Stars are not cheap around here, chocolate chips are $15 and up

5. omard

omard Gnarly Old Codfish

Ooof, that would be quite a deterent. CC's are $5/$6 at my LFS...when he does not have them, I get Sand Sifting Starts for $15. --- actually worth it as they are easily 3X as big.

One CC star every two weeks, or 1 Sand Star a month...could get quite pricy in your neighborhood.

(My shrimp are worth every cent to me.)

6. geekdafied

geekdafied 3reef Sponsor

Dont get me started on the prices around here, haha. $28 for 3/4"-1" occ. clown!!!!!! I know they didnt pay more then $5 for it, if they did, they got ripped off.