whole coleny not opeing

Discussion in 'ASAP' started by jesse94954, Mar 9, 2012.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. jesse94954

jesse94954 Fire Worm

st Threads LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread

Today, 07:35 AM #1 jesse94954 Astrea Snail

Polyps not opening any idea why?

Hello everyone I have a small problem, I have a large coloney of Watermelon zoes, eagle eye zoes, and some eyelash polyops your looking at at least 300 heads on one rock. I bought it at a frag sho about 4 months ago and it has been doing fantastic until recently they all closed up.

Well I did a water changelast weekbecauseI wasadding 2 clamsto my tank.I noticed after a few days that fewer and fewer of the zoes in that colony were opening up. Now currently they havebeenclosecompletelyotherthen a few hereand there. Everyone else and everything else is doing great, I have fire and ice polyps, caption america polyps and some cinniman polyps that are doing great.

The specs on my tank are perfect, have already taking it in to have it checked. The lighting is fine. I honestly am totally baffaled on why they would be all closed up for the last 4 days.

Any ideas?

Ill post some pictures this afternoon.

2. Click Here!

3. Aaron.Herk

Aaron.Herk Sea Dragon

From what I can understand just one rock of zoas won't open, I have had this happen a few times. Sometimes they just close up for a while. I typically blow them off with some flow, but other than that I think they will open up when good and ready.