Who wants in on the crazy cheap corals?

Discussion in 'Coral' started by mikejrice, Nov 6, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. mikejrice

mikejrice 3reef Affiliate

My coral supplier has been getting reamed lately on Ebay. He's been giving away extreme acans for $20 a colony on there. I've been to his shop and can attest to the color of his stuff. It's better than in the pictures by far. Come check em out but don't snake all the deals out from under me. He's got a bunch ending tomorrow, and will let you build up two weeks worth of auctions for combined shipping if you would like.

eBay Seller: 1383amanda: Pet Supplies items on eBay.com

1 person likes this.
  2. Click Here!

3. Geoff

Geoff Teardrop Maxima Clam

Thanks for the info,I'll have to check it out.You getting a kickback for advertising ,maybe worth looking into ;).

4. meagan1823

meagan1823 Purple Spiny Lobster

I just purchased corals from them last week. Pretty good prices on the corals (I bought a few $.99 zoa frags) but
    some of the corals came off of their frag plugs dureing shipment and some of them were a little dissapointing (ie. very small, not the same color, and one doesn't even look like the same zoa that I thougth I had purchased). also had some hitchhikers that I had to dispose of before putting the frags in my tank (some type of snail or somethig, it looked odd and then an aiptasia).
    Not bashing them but I think there would be better places to buy from.

5. GreyGhost

GreyGhost Purple Spiny Lobster

Hitchhikers arent bad and easy to get rid of. For me they are just part of the deal. thnx Mike

6. jturnbull

jturnbull Purple Spiny Lobster

$45 for shipping is a lot

7. NaClCrocodile

NaClCrocodile Skunk Shrimp

I think the key is getting a few frags and pay $45 shipping total. Like stated above, the key is buying a few $.99 frags.

8. Click Here!

9. secretaznbo1

secretaznbo1 Astrea Snail

10. NaClCrocodile

NaClCrocodile Skunk Shrimp

Hmm, that does look pretty convincing...

11. mikejrice

mikejrice 3reef Affiliate

Those do look pretty photo shopped but I stop in to pick up some frags every week and have personally seen all his corals in person. They are brighter in person.

They are all pretty small frags, you just have to read the listing close and know what your bidding on. All corals other than acans need to color up after shipping. You can't expect a photosynthetic life form to look at it best after being in the dark for over 24 hours.

12. chuckdee

chuckdee Peppermint Shrimp

That is a little shady. Those two pictures are obvious Photoshop work. Poor Photoshop work as a matter of fact. Kind of sad IMO.

I don't want to bash them, but it makes you wonder what the store owners intensions are....

And why did he make a new Ebay seller name?? Bad feedback??