Who plays nice together?

Discussion in 'Coral' started by anpgp, Apr 3, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. anpgp

anpgp Dragon Wrasse

Ever since i started adding corals, I've tried to keep them seperated. I see many tanks where people just have mats of coral and you can't see any rock. So my question is, which corals can be placed next to each without fear of stinging/attacking/chem warfare? I know that mushrooms can go with mushrooms, and various color morphs of zoas go together but I'm talking about mixing things like candy canes, toadstools, kenyas, and various other softies.

2. Click Here!

3. the fisherman

the fisherman Vlamingii Tang

Candycanes, toadstools,kenyas and other soft corals can all be place close to each other. These are not aggressive corals. Also most of these corals will need a low to medium water flow.

4. anpgp

anpgp Dragon Wrasse

Yeah, I'm well aware of all the care reqs. I was just curious if i placed some of these closer together how they would fare.

5. the fisherman

the fisherman Vlamingii Tang

Should be fine, they are not aggressive will not sting each other.

6. norg.

norg. Kole Tang

Should be good. Just dont have them close enough to the candy cane to the point that thier feeder tentacles can touch the other corals. But otherwise you should be good. All very hardy corals too.