Who makes the best LED fixtures

Discussion in 'LED Aquarium Lighting' started by mdbostwick, Feb 21, 2013.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. mdbostwick

mdbostwick Vlamingii Tang

I am still in the planning stages (mostly) but I am trying to learn as much as I can before the day I purchase anything.

So I have been looking at a Aquatic Life LED 3.0W Marine Light Fixture expert series. I don't know if anyone has used these or not, It seems they are fairly new but i am no expert on lighting.

I am really hoping to get some feedback on this or a recommendation on a different brand or specific fixture. The tank this is going on is a 110g 48" x 18" x 30"D. I don't want to be restricted to what I can have by a light I will no doubtedly spend a fortune on, so just assume anything could be under this light.

Any advice is greatly appreciated!

2. Click Here!

3. Recliner

Recliner Flamingo Tongue

Check out reefbreeders.com
    They are a sponsor here and might help you avoid spending a fortune. They were very quick to answer my questions and I will be getting 2 of their value fixtures with 60 degree optics for my tall 150 gal tank.

4. skurious

skurious Sailfin Tang

The fixtures I like best are the AI vega, maxspect razor, and if your on a budget the reefbreeders value fixtures.

5. sailorguy

sailorguy Torch Coral

+1,two of any of the above would light your tank very well.

6. mdbostwick

mdbostwick Vlamingii Tang

I have also heard there are some LEDs to stay away from due to the way they are constructed. Any advice on what to stay away from?

7. Daniel072

Daniel072 Giant Squid

ummmm I would stay off of ebay when it comes to buying led's. If it were me, I would go with reefbreeders. I have an IT2080 that I purchased from a local distributor and I absolutely love it. See the last page of my build thread. The it2080 is equivalent to reefbreeders 32" photon.

8. Click Here!

9. Airstreamin

Airstreamin Astrea Snail

I bought my lights from Buildmyled. Completely custom spectrum including UVs and I got 2 custom spectrum (36" and 24") and a 36" actinic for less than 2 AI units.

10. gcarroll

gcarroll Zoanthid

The Aquatic Life fixture is a beautiful fixture with a lot of features. I recently got a chance to play with one when they showed it off at our club meeting. It is by all means a high end fixture. The controlling software is possibly the most advanced that I have seen. Few are out there because they were very pricy when they first came out. Now that they have been out for a while, they are coming in at a lower price and additional size options. Best thing is Aquatic Life is a real stand up US company who stands 100% behind their products.

I would definitly rank them in my top 10 fixtures on the market. However, they do not offer the bang for the buck that the Reef Reeders and Maxspect Razor offers.

11. Annie3410

Annie3410 Teardrop Maxima Clam

I don't have anything to compare them to, but I LOVE my reef breeders LEDs. I have the controllable ones, they look great over the tank and really bring out nice colors. They were very affordable and I could not think of anything I would change.

12. 1.0reef

1.0reef Giant Squid

For me Razor, RB, and some other one.