Who know about cameras? Nikon D70

Discussion in 'The Bucket' started by Toallhisdoom, Feb 28, 2014.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Toallhisdoom

Toallhisdoom Dragon Wrasse

My sister has a nikon d70 that she was thinking about selling.
    I know nothing about cameras.

Would this work well for photographing my fish/corals?

Any idea what I should pay for it? Ebay says 100-150

2. Click Here!

3. norg.

norg. Kole Tang

Its a nice camera for a low price. What lens/lenses come with it? This camera will be best when shot in manual, like all DSLRs, but that may take a bit of practice and reading on your end. The camera is only as good as the photographer when it comes to many DLSRs.

So yes, it is a good camera for the price, but only if you know how to use it.

4. Toallhisdoom

She said it has a few lenses. She said the lenses are worth more then the camera. Haha going to look at it tmrw will find put what ones

5. norg.

norg. Kole Tang

Glass quality is key when using a lower megapixel DSLR like the D70. But lenses are expensive... If she has some quality lenses and will sell them to you for a decent price jump on it. If you want to learn how to use it that is. If Im not mistaken this camera doesnt have preset "auto" modes. I may be wrong though. Ive never used a D70 but have used similar camera bodies.

6. Billme

Billme Eyelash Blennie

I agree with both. The lenses are what it's all about. You may also want to use a tripod.

7. Toallhisdoom

Ok so. Carry bag. Charger. Mini tripod ;) screen protectors, cleaning cloth, Camera. Sigma 18-50mm lense and sigma 50-200mm lense.

Has a weird memor card in it. Only 512mb. But its like huge. Hahaha i am used to micro sd so idk what thus thingnis.

But are those good lenses?

She says she sees simular kits for around 250 on ebay.

8. Click Here!

9. Billme

Billme Eyelash Blennie

The sd card is easy to replace. The 50-200 has some decent reviews. There are a couple different versions of the 18-50 so you may want more info on that one. You may want to upgrade the tripod.

10. Toallhisdoom

Sigma 18-50mm 1:3.5-5.6 DC D

11. Billme

Billme Eyelash Blennie

The lenses seem just ok. Probably a good starting point. Is try out the camera to make sure it works. It can be expensive to get fixed. What do you want to use it for?

12. Toallhisdoom

Taking pics of my fish/corals. But i am sure i will take it on adventures like road trips to vt. So who knows.
    Its barley used. Everything works as it should.